Boyd's Key West Campground
$329
$263
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
$242
$181
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$923
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewswaterfront sitetent sitesgreat campgroundbathrooms and showersrv parktent stakeshogfishwater frontlaundry roomtiki hutwater viewbike rideminute driveheated poolnice poolpalm treesduval street
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the positive: staff is friendly and it is the closest RV ground next to KW. For the rest nothing much to get exited. Small sites for high price at 120 dollar for waterfront. Showers and toilets in urgent need for renovation and cleaning of them is also not done really done properly to put it mildly. We have seen much better places all around US. Would not recommend

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcus S
BoydsKW, Owner at Boyd's Key West Campground, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Marcus, Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our staff and our convenient location but we're sorry to learn that much of your experience at our campground was unsatisfactory. Renovations and upgrades of our restroom facilities are currently underway.
Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at Boyd's last week and had a wonderful experience. The staff was outstanding from the lady who checked us in to the maintenance staff to the security staff. The park was very, very clean and well maintained. We had a great site right on the watefront.
The camp store is terrific with a variety of camping supplies and a terrific selection of gifts and souvenirs. We rented bikes one day and biked to Duval Street for the afternoon. All in all it was a fantastic camping experience and we will definitely return to Boyd's!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sally S
BoydsKW, Owner at Boyd's Key West Campground, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Sally, Thank you so much for your recent review of our campground! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been here 4-or 5 times in the past 6-7 months since this is the cheapest way for me to stay in Key West and at the same time doing what I love to do which is being close to nature (Camping). I think most of the reviewers pretty much agree on many things. The cleanliness of this place is not quite there. I just stayed there this past weekend ant the campground was 99 % empty but the bathrooms and showers were not properly cleaned and this not the 1st time we've noticed the same. Amenities are not many but I could not care less since you can find everything you need in KW which is 15-20 by bike and 5-7 minutes by cab. The campground only have a pool, a laundry facility and a convenience store that is properly stocked with some basic camping stuff and some other memorabilia. On the good part, the staff there is very nice. TO ALL THE READERS-please beware of Coral Snakes that I saw one by the sidewalk outside the male restroom-going from one side of the bushes to the other side. It may have been a rare sighting and I was lucky to see it but scared at the same time. Believe me, it was red, black and yellow-The real McCoy though the red was barely noticeable since it has some black spots mixed with it. Anyway, there was a lot of excavating in some of the sites and I think this was one of the possible causes I was able to see the snake or may be was brought from somewhere else. Who knows, luckily I got to see it and lived to tell the story. Sorry I had not cameras, or phones at the time so I could not take a picture of the snake.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carlitico
BoydsKW, Owner at Boyd's Key West Campground, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you found our staff helpful. We think we have one of the best staffs in the camping business!
Thank you also for making us aware about the snake you saw. In the 50 years we’ve been in business we’ve never spotted a coral snake at the campground. There are, however, chicken snakes in the Keys that have very similar coloring and markings. Again, thank you for letting us know and we will certainly alert our maintenance and landscaping staff to be on the lookout.
We apologize that you found our restrooms' cleanliness unsatisfactory. That is unacceptable and rest assured we will make sure our maintenance employees are aware of your complaint and management will provide better oversight to make sure the restrooms are up to our standards at all times.
We hope to see you again as our guest sometime in the near future!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Making short and simple. First time camping did not know what I was going to be running into. The staff was amazing, the camp ground was nice and clean, and a wonderful view. Things I did not like that you had to turn off your music by 11 pm could not make no noise which is understandable. They do not accept big dogs, and really not much to do. If you are trying to stay away from the city for a 4 days or a week and tired of the the city, they should have more to do at the camp ground. If you are tenting you are out of luck no shades no running water they say in there web site free wifi not true only in the office area they should have all over the camp grounds. The only thing that I loved is the view and the staff that were nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Josie P
BoydsKW, Owner at Boyd's Key West Campground, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Josie, Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us. We're pleased you were happy with our staff, the cleanliness of our campground and our beautiful view. Our free Wi-Fi does cover the entire park, but we will check to ensure one of the transmitters was not having an issue. Thank you for letting us know.
We do have quiet hours at the campground from 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. to ensure the camping enjoyment of all our guests. For those looking for nightlife fun, world famous Duval Street is only minutes away.
We are a pet friendly campground and do not have size limitations on pets but we are required to have some breed restrictions due to insurance purposes.
The campground has a variety of different sites available for tenting. Some sites are primitive and others have water and electric. Many, many of our tent sites are shaded.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you back as our guest sometime in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Camped here with my husband for a week during the "cool" part of the year in March. Have so say it was one of our best trips to date! Not a ton of amenities for the price (especially for a tent site) but we did not care because we were just short of a 10 minute bike ride into the heart of Key West which is why you would stay at this campground in the first place. It was very windy the week we were there, which made for a tough time to keep the tent down...but again we were on vacation and laid back so not many things disappoint us. Bathrooms were clean as were showers. Our site had a grill, picnic table was waterfront to the most gorgeous sunrise every morning. Can't beat the price for the location you are getting. I would go back (although of course I would not be camping in the dead of summer in KW).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
BoydsKW, Owner at Boyd's Key West Campground, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!