“Tour around Key West”

Key West Water Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West Water Tours is the only real two hour tour on the island. Others try but never come thru.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My daughter, son-in-law, grandson, and the ole grandma took a wonderful, long, enjoyable, fun,tour around the whole island with the best tour guide in all of Key West. Had so much fun. Safe. Very informative. Dante, is the best, can not wait to go back. Vicki, Scott, Mason, and Suzi

All reviews
"the entire island"
in 6 reviews
"free ride"

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I booked the 10:00am 2-hour water tour this past weekend. From the very start the customer service was horrible. The guy who took our payment was rude to each of us (family of 8 -Rented 3 jet skis). Then we found out the guy who took our payment was our "tour guide". He goes by the name Porkchop. Once everyone was on their jet ski Porkchop went through the safety tips then let everyone know his birthday was the night before and he was hungover. The first 15 minutes were the best. We were able to ride around within a specified area to get used to driving the jet skis. After that it was downhill. Porkchop "lead the way" by speeding off, leaving everyone to follow him. He lead us through seaweed which got caught in my jet ski thus causing me to essentially break down in the middle of the Atlantic while he continued to lead the rest of the group without even noticing. Luckily my father knew what to do and jumped off his jet ski to fix mine by removing the seaweed from underneath. Once Porkchop realized (5 minutes later) that he was missing people, he came back to us and told me father "This is not the time to go swimming" then he took off so fast he cause a wave of water that threw my husband, daughter and I off our jet ski. This happened 4 times in a row! Once we finally caught up to the group all he did was wave for us to hurry up! At one point Porkchop had lead the group so far ahead of us that we couldn't even see them anymore. I could only get up to 40mph on the jet ski and couldn't keep up! Porkchop was rude, inconsiderate and was more worried about nursing his hangover than he was about the safety of the people he was leading on that tour. There was also nothing informational on this "tour". We went to the sub pens and just drove through. He never told us anything about Key West at all! I would not recommend this place for a water tour at all.

2  Thank Katrina R
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I took the Jet Ski Island Tour Sunday, Jul 28 and it was absolutely great. I fly planes for people and travel around a lot and do lots of vacation type things as a result. I can’t think of anything I’ve done that beats that tour and jet ski ride. The folks at Key West Water Tours provided for a good time, pleasant and fun atmosphere and positive and friendly attitude on the part of their employees.

I don’t remember who our guide was but he did a super job making it enjoyable and informative. He seemed like he really enjoyed showing us around. Great customer service.

I was in Key West with no transportation and had arranged a ride to the tour location. The driver didn't show up so I had to walk what I thought was a mile. Turned out to be more than that. I called Key West Water Tours twice while walking and they assured me they would wait......and they did. Very nice group of people running that place.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was an awesome experience, one of the best we have had on the water- ever! Our guide Meg was super, she let us ride the entire time and gave an interesting tour of the island. The weather was perfect and it was so cool to see Key West from the water. The colors are unreal and being on a jet ski was the perfect way to spend our time there. We chose the 10 am trip and it was ideal, not too hot yet and it saved us $25/ski. The only problem was the distance from Old Town and NO shuttle for us - so we spent $25 EACH WAY to get to Hurricane Hole Marina by taxi, which was the money we saved in choosing this company. It was annoying not to have a shuttle to get us there and we thought if we did this trip again (without transportation in KW), we'd choose something closer to Old Town. Losing $50 in taxi fares (plus an hour waiting for pick-up when we were done) was frustrating. Tour was great, but it was about being on the skis, so anywhere would have been cool, in our opinion.