“A surprisingly good new restaurant right on Duval”

Old Town Tavern & Beer Garden
Ranked #195 of 482 Restaurants in Key West
Description: Old Town Tavern & Beer Garden is a modern International tavern and favorite locals meeting place. We have a large range of craft beer, wine, liquor, unique cocktails and an international menu including pub favorites, unique appetizers, vegan, vegetarian and light options. Join us for our 2 daily happy hours, 4-7pm and 11pm-1am. We serve a full menu until 1am daily.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We heard from several locals that the old Mcconnell’s Irish Pub And Grill closed and a new placed opened up in its place called the Old Towne Tavern and the chef formally worked at Blue Heaven.

We walked in and grabbed two seats at the bar. We looked over the menu and the first thing that intrigued us was their pork belly appetizer. I wasn’t starving so I decided to have their superfood salad which consisted of kale, mixed greens, quinoa, beets, almonds, citrus, sprouts, orange beets vinaigrette. My husband decided to go with the shrimp scampi flatbread.

The pork belly came out and it was delicious. The ratio of fat and meat was perfect and it was light and crispy - not chewy at all. The salad i ordered was nice and refreshening. My husband’s flatbread looked great and he said it was delicious.

They have a lot of variety on the menu and I would definitely go back to try other things when I have a better appetite.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service- very concerned with our comfort and enjoyments! Authentic classic dishes, and surprisingly flavorful salads

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018

We were so hot and sweaty and it was getting late and this was the first place that I saw. I turned around saw it and steered my family in the door, my husband was not happy with my choice and was kind of unsure about what I had gotten us into. I decided on a shrimp scampi flatbread and it was amazing! My husband had the fish and chips and said that it was very good. Our oldest daughter had fried mozzarella (I was thinking sticks but was a chunk), Our middle child had a hamburger that was literally almost as big as her head and she ate the entire thing. All in all it was a great choice and I am glad that I didn't see a menu first because I may have passed by this new gem of Key West.

1  Thank Victoria R
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a quiet, well air conditioned place for dinner. This place opened recently and was just perfect. Sat at the bar. Bartender was very friendly, delicious Bloody Mary, Shepherds Pie and burger!

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Tuna poke and pork belly are my faves, also a large selection of craft beer featuring a lot of local Florida brewers. I would recommend this to someone who wants quality food and beer with a chill atmosphere.