“Amazing Time!”

Dolphin Watch
Ranked #5 of 291 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Watch - The Key West Original... Since 1986! Join us to Watch Dolphins and Snorkel on our catamaran Patty C. The boat conveniently departs from the Historic Seaport in Old Town Key West and has many features that set her apart. • 6 Passengers Maximum • 31' length x 14' width makes her Largest Boat in her Class • 4 Hour Long Trip on a Quick Power Boat helps us consistently find Dolphins • Guaranteed Dolphin Sightings or Your Next Trip is Free. • 30 Years of Helping our Guests Experience Wild Dolphins Our trip focuses on delivering the best dolphin watching and snorkeling experience possible for our guests. We do this through the combination of our listed features and the passion and knowledge of our Captains. • Snorkel Gear and Instruction provided • Fresh Fruit and Water • Guided Snorkeling! Your Captain will join you for the Snorkel. • Bathroom and Freshwater Shower • Wet suits for winter months • Calm snorkel Locations.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went out with John yesterday, it was just me and my fiance on the boat. We were quickly treated to a small group of dolphins including a mother and baby. John was brilliant and gave us lots of information about the dolphins and answering our questions, he is very knowledagle and can even name the adult dolphins from their dorsal fins. We stayed with the dolphins getting pictures etc and then headed off to a snorkelling spot just round the coast. We snorkelled over some beautiful coral heads and saw plenty of colourful fish. We were even lucky enough to see a turtle and followed him for a little while. Then we headed just off Sunset Key to watch the Sunset. Nothing was too much trouble and we both had a truly amazing afternoon. If you are in Key West and looking at doing a dolphin watching trip I would definetly call Dolphin Watch!

1  Thank Jamie D

Reviewed September 1, 2013

It was our first time at Key West and I was really excited to see dolphins in the wild. I found Dolphin Watch through a Florida Guidebook and booked a tour.
Captain John welcomed us aboard in a warm way and explained everything very clearly. We were lucky to be by ourselves on the boat (2 people) which made it even more special. As we went out of the harbour, the weather changed and we saw some bad weather passing by. This mad it even more difficult to spot dolphins. Luckily the weather changed for the better and we were able to see a whole lot of dolphins, even a very young one.
John told a lot about the dolphins and the way they live, communicate, play,... and didn't leave any question unanswered.
I would highly recommend this activity to all dolphin lovers out there!

2  Thank Audrey G
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went with a group for dolphin watching and some snorkeling and we had oodles of both, which made it perfect. Plus the Captain went way overboard with his charm, hospitality and helpfulness. You know you're in good hands here. He had everything under control, knew where the dolphins were every day we went out (for five days)...and where the best weather would be for snorkeling. He had ice, fruit, great music, and a can-do attitude. What more could we want? Not a thing, actually.

If you like dolphins, get this guy on your team. Star Captain John knows the ropes and takes you there! We had dolphins around the boat every single day, several times a day - I'm so glad I went. He actually knows a lot of them by their markings and histories.

Seriously. Don't even think about it. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity. SKY HIGH RECOMMENDED. First class. Any time and every time. This is the one. THANK YOU DOLPHIN WATCH KEY WEST. You're by far the best.

2  Thank LisaFlyer
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The day was magical !!! It was by far one of my top 10 experiences in my life. My family had the best time!!! We just could believe this could ever exist. John, the captain of our vessel was very cool. He played the right kind of music going out to sea. He stopped on the way out for a small pod of dolphins that took our breathe away. Very patient telling us stories about "Stubby" and her story . They swam so close to us. We continued to the dolphin playground area and we were not sure where they were but they are wild mammals . We moved on to the reef to snorkel . John went in first and found us a "sea biscuit " to hold and a "sea urchin "as well. We could feel it move in our hands!! Very cool!!! We got our gear on and in the water, we were at the edge of the reef for a bit. The family loved!! The snorkel was not my thing but at least I tried it. John found another spot on the reef that was better so we moved the boat. My husband and kids got in again was out for a good while . There were some storms off in the distance so John stayed on the boat with me to watch out for them. John took us back to the " dolphin playground " area on our way back in and we hit the jackpot!!! There were at least 20-30 dolphins all around us.
We got awesome video and pictures!! We even made it to the Dolphin Watch Facebook page . The dolphins put on a show for us, jumping, playing around and got so close the boat we could. hear them breathe. Amazing!! There was plenty of room on the front deck to relax or sun bathe. John had fresh fruit, snacks and bottle water for the trip. John knew exactly where to go and even gave us advice on great local restaurants to try out. I could write forever about this day!! Bottom line Dolphin Watch is the charter to take. It should be bumped up to #1 for Trip Advisor!! Thanks for the memories !!! The Miller Family

3  Thank julessrq
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dolphin Watch was the highlight of my trip to Ley west, The trip consisted of 5 people including the Captain. The Captain was a warm well informed man who knows a lot about the Dolphins, the local birds and the local geography. He is also very patient, and thanks to him I was able to snorkel for the first time in my life. It was like entering a magical world in another realm, and he kept diving below us to point to stingrays , cow fish and other things we would never have noticed. I cannot recommend this trip highly enough!

1  Thank meg1952