“Amazing under the sea adventure - thank you Austin & crew!”
Review of Snuba Key West

Snuba Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Beyond Snorkeling. Snuba is your easiest and safest way to enjoy our gorgeous reefs which are filled with colorful fish and breathtaking coral formations from under water like a scuba diver. No prior snorkeling experience is needed. People 8 years or older who can swim are qualified. Once aboard our comfortable power catamaran your friendly certified guide will teach you everything you will need to know and then stay with you throughout your dive.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My 2 older teens and I booked this trip when our first choice of activity was not available. I believe it was divine intervention as this was one of the most enjoyable adventures I've ever had. If I can do it, ANYONE can. I am, literally, Chicken of the Sea. Our guide, Austin, was so professional and patient. The crew was friendly and informative as well. They take the time to prepare you on the way out to the reef (Eastern Dry Rocks). Once there, they take the time to make sure everyone is comfortable with the gear on, in the water. At first I was really nervous so Austin recommended I stay near the surface until I was comfortable with the regulator. After following the group for bit, I was ready. It was AWESOME! They even have an underwater photographer on board to capture some beautiful photos. I strongly recommend it, even if all you have ever done is snorkel. Enjoy!!!

2  Thank Sylvia M
There are newer reviews for Snuba Key West

Reviewed June 7, 2014

It was so worth the money!! I had never been scuba diving or snorkeling, so I was a little nervous about getting used to breathing with a mask in a regulator, but the crew was so helpful, informative and nice!! We had a great time, got to see a reef shark and a ton of different fish; we'll definitely be going back!!

1  Thank Juscho9
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I recently had a friend down to visit and wanted to show him a little bit more than Duval st this trip. We went on the morning trip the water visibility was amazing. The crew was great every group had their own guide. They provided us with a photographer that dived with us and. Took pictures of us for a small price of course but they where professionaly done. It was a great trip and I highly suggest to anyone local and tourist alike. Thank you sophia

1  Thank zwman22
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great concept, too bad the guides don't know what they are doing. The office person gave us bad directions, we ended up 1/2 mile away, and had to run w gear in sandals to make the trip. I expect the 3 "no shows" were waiting at slip #1 at the other end of the marina where WE started. I expect they were billed anyway.
A new trainee and an experienced( he claimed 15 yrs as a dive master) guide for 2 people sounded like a great idea. Personal service! First my wife got her snorkel tangled up in the rigging. Both guides were clueless as to the problem. Still on board, I spotted the problem and explained to them how to fix it.
The trainee must have "choked up" on the tow line, her fins were 6 inches from my face, and all I could see were bubbles.
For some reason the guide decided my wife had 3 TOO many weights. He removed them and put them back in boat.
With the weight removed, she could not sink at all, even with effort. "You're not kicking hard enough" was their excuse....
MY weight was about 3 # short, I had to work hard to get 10 ft deep. And in the training they told us how to surface slowly?????/
WHY? There was NO way to get underwater......surfacing too fast would require that a person actually was 20 ft deep. IMPOSSIBLE.
All they had to do was put extra weights on the raft so they could be added if needed. NOT hard to figure out....basic science, not scuba science at all.
Still have not got the pics. I expected a usb stick in the mail. Finally figured out they e mailed some sort of link to a dropbox?
NO clue what they are talking about. Hopefully I can retrieve the pics somehow.
WHY we tipped them I have no idea.

1  Thank DaveWeidenmiller
Sophia R, Owner at Snuba Key West, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

This gentleman was unable to dive properly even with all of the advice and tips that we provided him. His girlfriend wrote us afterwards and told us what a great time she had!! I won't bother to detail rebuttals or each of his complaints (could go on all day), however, I just want to mention that our guides are highly training and very competent in the water. In order to qualify to train as a Snuba guide, you must be a minimum of a rescue scuba diver.

Unfortunately when people become frustrated (and sometimes embarassed) at their own ability to perform they want to blame the guide/company.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Believe me, I am NOT a strong swimmer. However, the experience I had was fantastic. The crew was very personable, and very professional. I felt totally safe the entire trip. It is well worth the money we spent for the trip. Thanks to Sophia and the crew!

1  Thank Bob B