“Worth The Climb”

$72.88*
Seafood Lover's Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour
Ranked #20 of 180 things to do in Key West
Reviewed October 17, 2012

With free admission tickets from our hotel in hand, we spent an hour or so at the Key West Lighthouse and keeper's Quarters Museum. You enter through the gift shop and walk out onto the grounds. We climbed the 88 step lighthouse and every step was worth the view. The 360 of Key West is beautiful. We toured the living quarters of the lighthouse keeper's as well. The climb and view are well worth the admission price.

1  Thank SCSTravelJunkie

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We came here because we had purchased a package from the Custom House and the tickets came with it. I would not have purchased tickets to this attraction. There isn't a whole lot to see here, but the grounds are nice and there is an air-conditioned bathroom. I am not afraid of heights, but I must admit that standing at the top definitely freaked me out a little. I didn't stay up there long, but the view was excellent. Walking up and down those spiral stairs was frightening. When people walked in the opposite direction, you needed to try to move to one side to let them by. Walking down made me feel sick and dizzy. I would not recommend this to anyone who is afraid of heights or small spaces. Also, I would definitely not have been comfortable walking up if it had been busy.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a great site and provides a glimpse into the past life as a Conch. The views were great and the keeper's quarters had several audio displays that really brought the family who lived there to life. I enjoyed this tour.

1  Thank se_solomon
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a view from the top. You can see the whole Island. The climb up wasn't too bad, only 88 steps. There are information cards at the top to explain some of what you are looking at. The keepers quarters offers a glimpse of what life was like on the Island 150 years ago. The grounds were very well maintained but it was difficult to get a photo of the entire lighthouse from the outside since it's practically engulfed by the trees. A must see for lighthouse enthusiasts.

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The view is amazing! Self-guided tour, was provided with a wealth of information on the light, the lighthouse, the light keepers & their families and over all Key West history. Information was provided through displays and videos that were playing in the light keeper's house. The view lefty me speechless. I better understood how to navigate the island after visiting here! The grounds are beautiful, very shady which is greatly welcomed on a hot sunny day. The gift shop is cute with a variety of merchandise. Located conveniently across the street from Hemingway's house. Worth the admission in all respects and would return here again.

2  Thank l p