“The Foundry”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 32 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great fun in Key West but disappointed with managment company.”
Reviewed September 30, 2009 for a stay in September 2009

We had done extensive research on places to stay in Key West and had decided we wanted to stay near Old Town in a vacation rental instead of a hotel. My wife and I spent many hours to find the perfect place which was being managed through At Home in Key West.

We had just completed our three hour flight and where about an hour into our drive from Miami when we received a call from At Home in Key West. They were notifying us that the rental we had signed up for was no longer available because of some maintenance issue. There solution was to put us into another unit.

We told them we would be in Key West at 5pm and would like to stop by to look at what was available. This however was not an option they provided to us. They said they close at 5pm so they would pick out a unit for us. I asked them if we didn't like the unit then what. They told me we could come by the office the next day and figure something else out. My wife and I were OK with this solution. However, when we requested other options the next day they said this was our unit for the duration on our stay. It was obvious to us that the management company was never interested in moving us to another unit.

As far as the specific unit, Key West Found, it was OK. It was three levels with level two and three being the bedrooms with their own bath. There was a washer and dryer which was convenient. It had a covered parking space and acess to a wireless network. The best feature was the location. It was within walking distance of Old Town and Fort Zachary Taylor. Any unit in Truman Annex will give you the location benefit.

As other reviews had mentioned, there was a real problem with red ants on the first floor. The decor was not to our tastes and the unit had a definite smell that was not to our liking. I am not sure if the smell was from the cleaning solution they used on the first floor tile but it was overwhelming to us.

Liked least: Smell
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Denmark
Reviewed August 21, 2009 for a stay in August 2009

A TripAdvisor Member
“The Foundry”
Reviewed July 29, 2009 for a stay in July 2009

Loved Truman Annex, it is beautiful!! The townhouse in the The Foundry was nice, due to the climate insects pretty bad, ants in the kitchen that type of thing one must be alert for. Overall we had a great week. This was our 4th trip to Key West and each year it gets better and better. Already planning for next year, will probably want a house in the Annex if we don't rent on the water. Stored the boat @ Key West Marina, service was awesome there, would recommend to all boaters. Parking in the Annex is a pain, we have adult children who visited and left at different times during the week, when one rents a home to accomodate 6 people @ least 2 parking spaces should be designated. Also recommend if other homes are vacant share the parking spaces, there were always spaces open yet the "kids" couldn't utilize all it would take is a bit of coordination from the realtors.

Liked least: Parking
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
IL
Reviewed April 2, 2009 for a stay in March 2009
person found this review helpful

Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2008 for a stay in October 2008

Liked least: Small pool
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing