“Awesome!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

This house was phenomenal! Lovely decor, beautifully landscaped, a feeling of privacy even though neighbors are close. Lovely open floor plan with a well stocked kitchen and a lanai looking over the heated pool was my absolute favorite! The upstairs with the two bedrooms with their own private bath made this a wonderful setup for two couples traveling together to have plenty of space and privacy.
The house is in a great location with plenty of restaurants close by. We rented bikes and had no problem going anywhere we wanted day or night. The French pastry shop right around the corner made breakfast by the pool a delight! Not far down Duval St. was "La de Da" which had wonderful food and entertainment. In the same block as the house, is St. Mary's Catholic Church and school and they were having their annual fundraiser "Rock and Roast" with the most delicious cuban food ever...We felt very welcome and met some wonderful people!
Next door to the house is some type of welding/metal business that in a previous review was a concern. We had no problem with noise or any other disturbance - in fact most of the time, we didn't even know they were there!
I also recommend Blue Planet Kayak. We had a great kayak experience in the mangroves with an excellent guide! They will pick you up at your house and bring you home so you don't have to worry with transportation. We postponed a couple of times because of windy weather - finally decided the wind wasn't going to calm down so we went anyway. No problem - we had a great experience seeing lots of wildlife ( a feeding bonnet shark!) and a private tour - we were the only two!
The rental agency was every accommadating allowing us to have a Tues-Tues rental and giving us a Jan. discount.
I loved our stay at the amelia home! I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Key West and I will definitely be back to rent it again!

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful home, but early noise every day”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 for a stay in December 2012

This property is beautiful and in a great location. Large, well appointed and comfortable. The main down side is the very noisy machine shop right next door, coupled with thin windows that make for an inability to sleep in, every day but Sunday. They bang metal and shout every day. So, if you expect to sleep in this is not the place for you; if you're an early riser, this place would be fantastic. The other item is maintenance, and the home needs lots of little things. The atHome staff was very nice and very responsive, but having a pool light out seemed like a new request to them, when it was mentioned in reviews months before. And, with the landscape lighting not working (not even tiki torches filled) there was no lighting at the pool other than flood lights (thank goodness they were on dimmers). This property has such great potential it's such a shame that the immediate neighbor is so loud, and things aren't taken care of (apparently by the owners). I'm told an earlier management response was "well, that's Key West," but actually it's not. Even a block in any direction you wouldn't hear this noisy shop.
So, bottom line, great place if you rise early and lousy place if you like to sleep in. I think this should be disclosed so there are no surprises like we had.

Older travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
Dec 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. We were able to repair the pool light during your stay and the landscaping will be addressed by the owner next month. The owner is very concerned with the condition of his home and continually makes improvements but alas has no control over outside forces (ie; the business next door).
“Nice house near Duval”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The home was located a bock from Duval St. The home had nice sized rooms and was clean. There were a number of little things like the light in the microwave and some electrical switches that needed repair. It was nicely decorated and the back yard was secluded.
The front bedroom was very noisy and we were awakened a number of times by outside noises.

“amelia house”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

We had a great time, the junk yard next door did not cause a lot of noise the week we were there... maybe some weeks are better than others :)
It was clean, the kitchen was fully stocked with appliances , there were enough towels, blankets, etc. Close to Duval, and the southern most point. Great location! Worth another visit for sure!

A romantic getaway
fl
Reviewed July 18, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Delray Beach
Reviewed June 20, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Jun 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. We have alerted Housekeeping about the dirty dishes and apologize for that inconvenience.

Regarding the neighbor and the pool pump, he contacted our office as well and we have had the pump motor replaced.

We hope you will consider staying with us again so we can WOW you!
Austin
Reviewed June 13, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing