“Nice simple an honest”

Breakfast Bar
Kitchen
Kitchen
Front
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
“Nice simple an honest”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The place was clean, the bedroom in confortable­. Is not a place for young kid. Key West is't a perfect place for big guy's.

deniseg12...
Natick
“Love - Love - Love Valhalla”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Valhalla was a perfect home away from home for my husband and I. As stated in the other reviews, everything about it is just wonderful. From the comfort and attractiveness of the furnishings, to the amazing original art throughout, and the super convenient location, we had not one complaint. The pool and outdoor area is completely private and relaxing and beautifully landscaped and maintained. We had another couple visit us for a few of the nights we stayed, and we were completely comfortable with 4 adults in the space. I believe that the online photos make the house appear much smaller than it feels and is. It's a very short walk to the quiet end of Duval and South Beach. Parking was not an issue at all, with a couple of non-resident parking spots right out in front and readily available. We didn't need to use our car much, but did use it to go to the grocer and liquor stores. Next time, we need to stay at least 2 weeks!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the private pool.
Liked least: Nothing not to like!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A TripAdvisor Member
“A well-organized and relaxing paradise!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

My wife and I have shared Valhalla rentals with another couple over a number of years and have found the experience more enjoyable each time we return. The owner has maximized space with color and furnishings inside and out and has provided all of the tools and necessities to live comfortably out of our unloaded suitcases. The kitchen is bright and has good storage and organization for its galley size. The wifi and audio/video toys are good quality and easy to use. The original artwork hanging throughout the house is very tasteful and uplifting. And the outside covered porch with sizable pool is a real oasis. Combined with the friendly and responsive local property management, all of this makes it easy to return year after year.

“Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Our place was perfect for 2 couples. The location and the house were very special.

“A Tropical Paradise!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Wow! Let me start by saying I don't know the owner or anyone at the rental place. I completely picked this off the internet.What a vacation we had and largely in part because we rested our heads at a fantastic property. Myself + 3 stayed at Valhalla over labor day. We flew into KW hailed a cab, who drove us to Duval St to the office to pick up the keys. We were also provided a packet that included for our rental agreement and brochures that were selected for guests of this property. Bike & booze delivery? A+!

We've rented places via the internet and been disappointed. When we pulled up we noticed a quaint and neat porch behind a white picket fence separating the house from the street. Beyond that was a lockable privacy fence leading to the backyard. We were unbelievably & pleasantly surprised as soon as we walked in the door. This bungalow is tastefully decorated and had all of the comforts of home. Spices, pots, pans, internet (if you need that in paradise) soap for the dish and clothes washer and on and on and on. Way too many to list.

After picking rooms and setting down our bags, we each wondered thru the kitchen onto the porch and back yard. If all of the other items were not good enough, this part of the property just sent us over the edge in delight. The back yard was as tastefully decorated as the inside of the house! The porch had a beautiful dinner table and padded chairs were very nice (and an oscillating fan that was mounted on the wall). They were sitting on a smooth slatted wood deck that was perfect for tender bare feet. It was surrounded by tropical plants and palm trees. Sitting right in the middle of all of that was a great little wading pool. We even had a very beautiful green iguana that visited us a few times during our stay. This pool was an awesome way to end the evening after a day full of activities in the sun.

We will without a doubt return and will attempt to book this little delight. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
NC
Reviewed September 26, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway
A TripAdvisor Member
“Everything Taken Care Of”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

From the time we checked in I knew we were going to get good service. We got great recommendations for local (not touristy!) restaurants from a friendly agent. Then we went to the house, only two blocks from Duval on the Southern (quiet) end. It was clean and beautiful inside. The house is well-maintained and decorated with a Thai feel. We had plenty of towels (including huge beach towels) and a kitchen stocked with solid cookware and plenty of dry-goods. The pool area is private and perfect for late night dips or cooling off with a drink in your hand. We loved the canopy over the patio since it rained pretty much the whole time we were there. Wi-fi worked perfectly the whole time, even with four iPhones and two iPads. We had a blast. I had high expectations and they were exceeded.

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing