“A Tropical Paradise!”

Indoor Dining
Covered Patio
Entryway
Valhalla
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 51 reviews

Reviews from our community

“A Tropical Paradise!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Wow! Let me start by saying I don't know the owner or anyone at the rental place. I completely picked this off the internet.What a vacation we had and largely in part because we rested our heads at a fantastic property. Myself + 3 stayed at Valhalla over labor day. We flew into KW hailed a cab, who drove us to Duval St to the office to pick up the keys. We were also provided a packet that included for our rental agreement and brochures that were selected for guests of this property. Bike & booze delivery? A+!

We've rented places via the internet and been disappointed. When we pulled up we noticed a quaint and neat porch behind a white picket fence separating the house from the street. Beyond that was a lockable privacy fence leading to the backyard. We were unbelievably & pleasantly surprised as soon as we walked in the door. This bungalow is tastefully decorated and had all of the comforts of home. Spices, pots, pans, internet (if you need that in paradise) soap for the dish and clothes washer and on and on and on. Way too many to list.

After picking rooms and setting down our bags, we each wondered thru the kitchen onto the porch and back yard. If all of the other items were not good enough, this part of the property just sent us over the edge in delight. The back yard was as tastefully decorated as the inside of the house! The porch had a beautiful dinner table and padded chairs were very nice (and an oscillating fan that was mounted on the wall). They were sitting on a smooth slatted wood deck that was perfect for tender bare feet. It was surrounded by tropical plants and palm trees. Sitting right in the middle of all of that was a great little wading pool. We even had a very beautiful green iguana that visited us a few times during our stay. This pool was an awesome way to end the evening after a day full of activities in the sun.

We will without a doubt return and will attempt to book this little delight. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
NC
Reviewed September 26, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway
A TripAdvisor Member
“Everything Taken Care Of”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

From the time we checked in I knew we were going to get good service. We got great recommendations for local (not touristy!) restaurants from a friendly agent. Then we went to the house, only two blocks from Duval on the Southern (quiet) end. It was clean and beautiful inside. The house is well-maintained and decorated with a Thai feel. We had plenty of towels (including huge beach towels) and a kitchen stocked with solid cookware and plenty of dry-goods. The pool area is private and perfect for late night dips or cooling off with a drink in your hand. We loved the canopy over the patio since it rained pretty much the whole time we were there. Wi-fi worked perfectly the whole time, even with four iPhones and two iPads. We had a blast. I had high expectations and they were exceeded.

A romantic getaway
MI
Reviewed April 9, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
spainagai...
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing accommodation”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

This was the perfect place for our Key West holiday. There were only the two of us so we felt very indulged to have two bedrooms and bathrooms but that's amazing when you're on holiday and you get quite used to it.

This property was beautiful and so well maintained externally. Inside it had a unique and endearing style which we enjoyed.

I'm not sure we could have asked for more on our first visit to the US as a couple, it was outstanding so thank you so much. Everything was fabulous - top dollar.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outstanding pool
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Geat time at a beautiful home!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

The house was well maintained and very organizesd.

Northern Michigan
Reviewed May 25, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$425
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing