The more we travel, the more we try to find hotels that offer breakfast. They are far more convenient than taking the time to search out restaurants every morning, allowing us to spend more time on the travel experience. So we chose the Hibiscus because it was well-located near the center of Key West, and it offered breakfast. The price was a little steep but we figured the convenience was worth it, and hotel prices in Key West run to the high side everywhere.
The room was comfortable enough and quite large. But it was pretty spartan and looking a little old. The room was on the second floor, which turned out to be a real inconvenience when checking in and checking out. There is no elevator so we had to haul our bags up and down the stairs when we first arrived and then again when we left. In these times, especially with the large number of seniors on the road, a second floor room without an elevator is a real drawback.
The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. We don't expect gourmet meals in hotel breakfast rooms, but the offering at the Hibiscus was less than mediocre. The room was small and cramped with insufficient seating. Tables were right by the serving bar so we were constantly getting bumped by groups coming and going. The food offerings were limited and poor quality - not much more than bland baked goods and cereal.
This was our first visit to Key West. We really enjoyed it and we will be back, but we won't be staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Duval Street and downtown Key West, then return to your cool spacious room at our Key West hotel.Located at the southernmost point of the state, visitors at our Key West hotel are here to enjoy paradise. We offer free parking, and we’re just one block away from famous Duval Street. While parking is free, most guests don’t need a car since you can walk to the area’s best attractions. The beach is three blocks away, and guests feel right at home in a quiet neighborhood that’s close to everything.From Fantasy Fest to World Offshore Powerboat Races, there’s always something exciting happening near our Key West hotel. The World Sailfish Championship is held here, and the Hemingway Days Festival is fun for the entire family. Whether you want to simply relax on the beach or are staying at our Key West hotel for a special event, our friendly staff members always strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.Large rooms and free Wi-Fi are included. There are no resort fees here, but our Key West hotel guests certainly feel like they’re at a world-class resort. There’s a great heated pool where relaxation comes easily, and it’s the perfect place to wind down after a day of exploration and adventure. Central to all top food options, bars and attractions, most guests spend their days strolling around the neighborhoods and beaches.We welcome couples, families and solo travelers at our Key West hotel. Consider a nearby surfing lesson or spend the day on the waters fishing. Key West is known for a life of leisure, and that’s exactly what our guests experience. Whether you’re here for an extended stay or just the weekend, be treated to the best in service and top quality amenities. Book your room at BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel today and get ready for the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TravelUp and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hibiscus Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Hotel
- Key West Best Western