The rooms are very clean and large. They have a very nice pool area and the pool is open until midnight. Pool towels are provided in your room. The beds are softer than we prefer but their appearance was worse than the actuality. We had two queen beds and chose to sleep separately so we didn't roll to the center. The bed I slept in had a visible dip in the center but didn't feel that bad when sleeping. My husband has a back problem and a firmer bed would have helped him.
Breakfast is provided but the breakfast area is small and cannot accomodate everyone. They have a variety of items: muffins, bagels, variety of bread for toast, cereal, yogurt, fruits, juice, coffee, and a rotating hot choice such as waffles, sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits, or biscuits and gravy. One problem we had during our stay was the coffee machine was not working properly and was down on two mornings in a row. Management needs to correct that problem!
They also have free wi-fi, if you are able to access it. Each area of the motel seems to be on a different hook-up but none of them have a strong signal. My Ipad was constantly trying to update and was not able to keep up. If you absolutely need access, this may not be the place for you. I got frustrated with the situation regularly and finally gave up.
The location is great as long as you are able to walk or have transportation. It is located in the southernmost area so is a bit of a walk to the more active end of Duval St. or to Mallory Square. We did it several times, however, so it is quite doable. We also used the Old Town Trolley to learn a bit about the town but more as a means of transportation so we didn't have to walk all the time. There is a stop a block away.
Overall, this was a great choice. It was more reasonable than many other inns or hotels in the area and worked well for our needs. I would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Duval Street and downtown Key West, then return to your cool spacious room at our Key West hotel.Located at the southernmost point of the state, visitors at our Key West hotel are here to enjoy paradise. We offer free parking, and we’re just one block away from famous Duval Street. While parking is free, most guests don’t need a car since you can walk to the area’s best attractions. The beach is three blocks away, and guests feel right at home in a quiet neighborhood that’s close to everything.From Fantasy Fest to World Offshore Powerboat Races, there’s always something exciting happening near our Key West hotel. The World Sailfish Championship is held here, and the Hemingway Days Festival is fun for the entire family. Whether you want to simply relax on the beach or are staying at our Key West hotel for a special event, our friendly staff members always strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.Large rooms and free Wi-Fi are included. There are no resort fees here, but our Key West hotel guests certainly feel like they’re at a world-class resort. There’s a great heated pool where relaxation comes easily, and it’s the perfect place to wind down after a day of exploration and adventure. Central to all top food options, bars and attractions, most guests spend their days strolling around the neighborhoods and beaches.We welcome couples, families and solo travelers at our Key West hotel. Consider a nearby surfing lesson or spend the day on the waters fishing. Key West is known for a life of leisure, and that’s exactly what our guests experience. Whether you’re here for an extended stay or just the weekend, be treated to the best in service and top quality amenities. Book your room at BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel today and get ready for the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hibiscus Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Hotel
- Key West Best Western