I used to stay at one of the Southernmost Point facilities nearby or a B&B, but Southernmost has become too expensive for what they are (gotta pay for all that expansion). So when I read the reviews and looked at the prices, I chose the Best Western Hibiscus. I prefer staying on the "quiet" end of Duval. O'Connell's Irish Pub is nearby on Duval, and El Siboney (best Spanish/Cuban food on the island -- no tourists) is walking distance on Catherine St.
The room (2nd floor) was spacious. I read that the room fllors are tiled, and someone else on the 2nd floor said theirs was, but my room was still carpeted. Cleaning staff was excellent (I had the same lady all three days of my stay). The pool is very large, L-shaped, 8 feet deepest, quiet in the evenings though they could stand to heat it (cold for a Floridian!). The don't mention it but the rooms (at least mine) have small safes in the closet, a big plus with camera and iPad's I didn't want to leave in the heat of the car during the daytime. Breakfast is minimal, but sufficient with bread, packaged microwave sausage sandwiches, juice, coffee and fruit. Free wi-fi access worked fine. Pretty large refrigerator, enough to stock lots of beer, wine and snacks.
Front desk staff was great. Check-in on Sunday, he wasn't sure how to apply a $75 gift card I had so he just told me nothing would be billed and to check Monday when the week staff was in. They applied it all right away that Monday morning.
The most minor complaint were very small ants but contained only to the work station table. This was room 228. This room overlooked the pool and yet was very quiet.
I will definitely stay here on my next Key West visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Duval Street and downtown Key West, then return to your cool spacious room at our Key West hotel.Located at the southernmost point of the state, visitors at our Key West hotel are here to enjoy paradise. We offer free parking, and we’re just one block away from famous Duval Street. While parking is free, most guests don’t need a car since you can walk to the area’s best attractions. The beach is three blocks away, and guests feel right at home in a quiet neighborhood that’s close to everything.From Fantasy Fest to World Offshore Powerboat Races, there’s always something exciting happening near our Key West hotel. The World Sailfish Championship is held here, and the Hemingway Days Festival is fun for the entire family. Whether you want to simply relax on the beach or are staying at our Key West hotel for a special event, our friendly staff members always strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.Large rooms and free Wi-Fi are included. There are no resort fees here, but our Key West hotel guests certainly feel like they’re at a world-class resort. There’s a great heated pool where relaxation comes easily, and it’s the perfect place to wind down after a day of exploration and adventure. Central to all top food options, bars and attractions, most guests spend their days strolling around the neighborhoods and beaches.We welcome couples, families and solo travelers at our Key West hotel. Consider a nearby surfing lesson or spend the day on the waters fishing. Key West is known for a life of leisure, and that’s exactly what our guests experience. Whether you’re here for an extended stay or just the weekend, be treated to the best in service and top quality amenities. Book your room at BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel today and get ready for the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Hotel
- Key West Best Western