“Disappointed with this stay.”

Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had read good and poor reviews on this hotel, but decided to give it a try because of the location. Problems with our room and our son's room. When mentioned at checkout, no apology given for the problems we encountered. Was disappointed with the location of our rooms. Quality of sofa bed very poor, sagging mattress and linens in closet did not look fresh. I had brought my own, in case we encountered problems so we used them. Our daughter did not even open up the bed on second night, but slept on the couch.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Another friendly and clean stay. Connie always welcomes are race team when we come to key West.This hotel is clean, service wonderful and the view from your ocean front balcony is superb. You can almost reach out and touch the water. free WIFI. Nice pool area.and huge free breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bob n
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The Best Western has been my home away from home for 7 years. Having a part time office in Key West requires frequent stay overs during the month. Always a pleasure to rest myself at this great place! Rooms are consistently clean, ambiance consistently enjoyable, and the staff consistently wonderful! Armida, Jennifer, Judy, Connie, Jessie, Felipe, Stevie, Tracey, and the breakfast staff are all like extended family who go out of there way to make me feel welcome! Keep up the good work and I will keep coming for the years to come!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Michelle C
Michele L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for acknowledging our staff! They all work very hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is our second stay in this hotel in the past two years. The first night we came into town this time without reservations the hotel was full up. We found another hotel for our first night. I promptly called Best Western Ambassador to see if we could book our next four nights with them. They only had room for us on the first, second and fourth night. I took them thinking we would find other accommodations on the third. Within minutes Michelle called me back and said she moved a long term guest just so we could have four nights in the same room with them. It was so kind and thoughtful of her and the guest who gave up their room for us. We truly appreciate both Michelle for making our wishes and our perfect room a reality and the guest who was so kind as to move for us. The employees are all very friendly, the maids are wonderful and do just what you ask and do so respecting your privacy even though you are in the room while they are there. The rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable. We had our perfect poolside room. We enjoy the Cheeckie Hut with the wonderful Bartenders and the Tradewinds Cafe is wonderful.
My only small complaint is on Sunday I had two loads of laundry to do. I thought I would do it early while most people would be out and about. There are two washers and two dryers. One washer had rags sitting in it completely done. I could only use one washer. I went back a couple of times with my second load hoping someone had removed their laundry. The laundry staff greeted me each time. Finally after I put my first load in the dryer and my second load in the same machine as my first as the other machine was still sitting full; my husband wanted me to go with him on a ten minute errand. When we drove by the laundry room the laundry staff was removing their laundry from the machine I was waiting to use. This is the guest laundry. I do understand the staff using it for a few rags but their stuff should be removed immediately, especially when they see a guest needs it. I really did not want to take the entire morning getting laundry washed and dried. But still, as we are traveling for three months I am grateful to the hotel for having laundry facilities for us and most hotels do only have one machine each.
I would highly recommend this lovely hotel with the lovely setting and amenities. Thank you Michelle for making our Key West vacation wonderful.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D M

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear I was able to personally assist in making this a pleasant experience for you.

I apologize that our laundry facilities were not readily available. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed in 6 motels divided up before and after our cruise and of all 6 this was absolutely the best. Two of the others were also excellent but this one was tops! The facility was beautiful, room was very spacious, beds very comfy, clean - absolutely!, I would definitely recommend this for anyone wanting to spend even several nights. Granted, it's not in the area where things are "happening", but it's only a 5 - 10 minute drive to Mallory Square. We were traveling with friends and both they and my husband and I were celebrating 50th anniversaries. After cruising and deciding to visit the Keys before returning home, this topped off the trip!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mazeppamom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

fantastic staff ! Very clean ocean front room. Trolley tour stop at the hotel--best tip for seeing key west during a brief visit. A little noisy due to airport and street traffic, but easy to live with with such a great ocean view. Great continental breakfast. Pool amazing and clean. Could use improvement on poolside food. Otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed for three nights in October. The hotel has all that you need, the rooms were well equipped and the breakfast could not be faulted. The staff were helpful and attentive. It is some distance from Duval Street (about a mile). Quite a bit of noise from the airport but nothing to complain about. The only shortfall was being told that there was nothing to pay when checking out but then getting charged £30 on credit card when back in the UK.I presume this was local taxes, but after three weeks in Florida this was the first time that this had happened.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple