“It was great!!”

Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Key West
conn.
“It was great!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2008

The pool was beautiful, 1 mile from the beach and grocery store. 10 minutes from downtown. The room was big, clean and computer in the front lobby. It was my 3rd time staying there and no complaints at all. The moring breakfast had plenty to choose from!!! Going back next year and will stay here.

• Liked — right by the beach, nice sidewalk for running, walking
  • Disliked — no elevator for bringing suitcases to 2nd floor.............no biggie though
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank dbienk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2008

We stayed in a first floor, ocean front room in Feb 2008. The room was over-sized, extremely comfortable and clean, with a coffee maker, micro-fridge. The furnishings were clean and not worn, and plenty of storage space to put your items away. There was a balcony with very nice seating, where we drank our morning coffee every day overlooking the ocean (across the street). The pool area is beautiful and clean; we ate at the Cheekie Hut by the pool the first night we arrived to avoid having to go out on our first night. Our salads were very good, and the service was fine. The breakfast area is a little small for the crowds they have, but the breakfast was very good. We ate there every morning. We were never disturbed by any noise from the airport. In reading the other reviews, we did not encounter any of those issues. Perhaps the rooms that are not oceanfront aren’t as nice; I really can’t say, but I would not hesitate to recommend the ocean front rooms to anyone. We spent 7 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. It is a first class facility, and the staff was very friendly and nice, providing us information on getting around town and recommendations, etc. on multiple occasions.

• Liked — Huge, comfortable and clean rooms; very well appointed
  • Disliked — Wish it were closer to downtown or directly on the beach, but you can't have everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hammonl
chapel hill, nc
Reviewed March 19, 2008

The view was nice, the pool was lovely, and the service was outstanding. Best continental breakfast I've ever had in a hotel. Large rooms with lots of storage. There was noise from the airport, but you couldn't hear it in the hotel room. Great value for the money, would definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank cmsweetheart
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2008

This hotel has a nice location if you like to sleep on the end of a airport runway....sometimes you have to duck your head or the planes will mess your hair. The rooms are like old Motels. The door had a 2" space at the bottom for creatures to crall in. With a swamp behind the hotel....it makes you wonder. The only nice thing about it was the pool setting. The pool was the warmest I've ever been in. But it was dirty. The walls were brown.
They have the sadest breakfast you've ever seen.

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank azahunting
Russia/NJ
Reviewed November 24, 2007

We could hear everything and everyone. This hotel is located right next to the airport, at the end of the runway, so expect some LOUD PLANES to wake you up around 6-7 in the morning. If you ask me, I am fine with planes, but THIN WALLS and lack of any SOUND INSULATION drove me NUTS. I could hear every fart from every neighboring room: up above, next one to the left, next on to the right. Some people had babies waking up in the middle of the night, loud as they usually are, obviously waking me and my wife up. But it gets better. Couple next door had issues. They screamed and yelled at each other all night long and we were witnesses to it. We could hear every single word. I did not sleep!!! RUINED MY VACATION!!!

The only thing that is great is the pool. Nice and big, with bar right next to it. The only downer is that it closes at 8:00pm. So don't plan on these romantic pool-n-bar night time journeys. Family only... (ugh!)

The other thing that I was looking forward to was free continental breakfast. In this case, free breakfast is... well, free!!! It was single worses breakfast in my life. I usually stay at Hampton Inn. Their free breakfast is breathtaking. Key Ambassador had the cheapest stuff out there. A dollar for a gallon orange juice... puke-out coffee... shotty rice-crispies(I can get em anywhere, right?!) and crappy "penny a dozen" pastry. NOTHING BUT A MORNING HEARTBURN. Ruined experience once again...

All the other things were OK. I mean, usual cleanliness of the rooms, etc. You would expect that for this kind of price. But It would expect much more. Way more...

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — not being able to sleep (hearing everyone in every room around you!!!)
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank travelarchitect
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2007

Stayed here for one night towards the end of October. A nice clean, good looking hotel, situated across the road from the sea. We had a room with a pool view, which was spacious, clean and tidy, with a good size balcony. Plenty of free car parking, two outdoor pools with pool bar.
The only two drawbacks were its close proximity to the airport, although this wasn't too much of a problem, and its distance from downtown Key West. (A ten minute cab ride.) Overall I would definitley recomend this hotel to friends and consider staying here again. Mid week is the better time to stay as the rates more than double over the weekend.
Like the previous reviewer our visit coincided with Fantasy Fest weekend. Although we didn't know this until we arrived. Not a pleasant experience especially with a seven year old child in tow.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Appleton
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stayed at the hotel during Fantasy Fest 2007 for four nights. I booked through the hotel website about 8 months in advance to secure a rate that was expensive, but reasonable for Fantasy Fest.

On the positive side- we had a pool view room with a large balcony. The pool area was quiet, but definately five star. As for the room- I have to say it was larger than average. Lots of closet space. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I can't stress that enough.

The only negative is that it's close to the airport, and you will hear the constant sound of planes taking off... starting at around 7AM each morning. It didn't bother me too much, but it would annoy a light sleeper.

Overall- I had a GREAT stay! I would definately do it again, if the Best Western Key Ambassador has a vacancy. I highly recommend this hotel, if you don't plan on staying right on Duvall Street... where rates are rather pricey.

• Liked — amazingly comfortable bed, great pool, scenic atmosphere
  • Disliked — far from duvall street, and away from the action
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple