“Unbelievable, Loved everything, Very clean & Very nice”

Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Loved the location. Very clean and upscale. Worth every penny. Enjoyed the pool view. The pool is dreamy and overlooks the ocean. You won't regret it. Bed was soo comfortable. Deserves more stars.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Put the topping on a very special weekend

Room Tip: Second floor by the pool is probably the best. First floor is nice too, but you may hear footsteps...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natalie3451
Write a ReviewReviews (1,938)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Perfect place to rest and recharge after a long and invigorating ride to Key West from Miami. I was able to park my bike right under my room and get myself a good nights rest. The room I had overlooked the pool and the ocean in front. Best of all, all rooms have a large balcony with two chairs and a table - a bliss for smokers like myself – where one can enjoy a relaxing smoke while looking out across the ocean!

The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff are helpful. The early morning swim in the pool was also refreshing.

Though far from the action spots of Key West, the property is perfect for people who have their own car/bike to explore the city.

Room Tip: Perfect for smokers who can smoke on the balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Got a walk in rate of $139 for a nights stay. We were given a standard room which was lovely. It had two beds and was a larger room than previous motel type rooms that I have stayed in. It was clean and had plenty of space for clothes etc. Large flat screen TV in the room (to check on the all important weather forecast). Free wifi, which worked great. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom area was big with double vanity units. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was a bonus, and better than other places I have stayed.
The walk to the pool over the bridge was a experience in itself. There were lots of crabs and fish in the water to look at, and huge Gecko lizards wandering around. The pool itself was a nice area, although the pool bar was a little expensive and I don't recommend the food due to this. All in all a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

First time we have been to the Keys, and after a little hiccup (we were booked in a room away from the pool-and since the pics when booking online only showed pool view rooms, was disappointed-however the staff rectified the situation and our room was fantastic!) Great views, fantastic pool and bar area. Great value for your dollar. After paying a lot more in a few places during our 30 year anniversary Florida trip, we can vouch that Best Western has the best value, cleanliness and space than much higher priced hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fishlady28
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nice hotel in the spectacular Key West. Room are big and well done, may be the formiture it is a bit old, but it is ok. Bathroom , at least our, had some problem with the shower, but they fix it.bed are std king size, confy and clean. Breakfast it is ok, but better to walk around the town and find something. If it is already close to noon, may be think to have a Key lime pie at the giraffe store, the best in town, and may be in all Florida.
Enjoy your stay in the Keys

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room was absolutely immaculate, spacious, and loved the floor plan. The toilet and tub room was so big (compared to other hotels---I have stayed 23 nights in the past year in hotels). The sink counter was large and there was actually a magnifying mirror on the wall! LOVED THAT!! The bed was comfortable and the linens were plush. The bathroom linens were great. I loved the tile floor throughout and the screened porch facing the pool. It was a wonderful view. I could even see the harbor through the foliage. Yes, this hotel is older BUT it has been well-cared for and they are remodelling with the finest materials.

Breakfast was adequate. After all these are continental breakfasts. Look up this definition.

The planes were loud, but I never heard one at night and there WEREN'T a lot of them. I sleep with a noise machine to block out stuff like that. Being a science teacher, I love watching and photographing the iguanas outside the hotel room.

I liked the location away from the hustle and bustle of Duval Street. Key West is so small that you can be anywhere in just a few minutes.

The only complaint and I took it up with the clerk who checked us out and also noted it on the survey from Best Western so I'm not saying anything that I haven't said to them first. isn't that the way it should be????? THis was our first visit to Key West so we knew nothing. Regardless of where we stay we always ask the desk clerk(s) for suggestions of local eateries. The guest services book said to ask at the front desk about Mallory Square and how to get there so on our way out we asked those 2 questions (local eateries and how to get to Mallory Square). There were no other guests in the lobby of the hotel, but their were 2 clerks busy at their computers. I asked the one that checked us in and you would have thought I was interupting the most important event of a lifetime. He could hardly say anything except, swirl his pencil around that area of the map. I couldn't even tell where he was pointing. Remember I'm new to Key West. I haven't acclimated myself yet. When I asked for eateries, he said any. I said but I want specifics, not they're all fine. THIS IS NOT SERVICE. On checking out, I was asked about my stay and so I told the clerk. He said this will be taken care of immediately. I'm satisfied AND THIS WOULD BE MY FIRST CHOICE OF A HOTEL IN KEY WEST!!

Room Tip: I liked the pool-side better than the harbour view which at first I was disappointed that I didn'...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SeptemberSong906
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel was clean and adequate for the 2 nights we stayed. Swimming pool and tiki bar was great, very nicely designed. Breakfast was included, however, was nothing great, usual bread and jams. The hotel is next to the airport and the view of planes taking off is amazing and a good wake up call at 6:30am.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 223, pool view great. The upper levels facing the pool are the best otherwise it i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family