Merlin Guest House Key West
Orbitz.com
$339
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
$265
$168
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$923
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastduval streetresident catbagelssimonton stspa poolking suitesmall poolevery morningstay there againwithin walking distancelight sleeperbathroom doorprivate balconywalked everywheresitting areahard boiled eggs
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place to stay. Clos to all of the fun, but yet far enough away you can't hear it. Very clean and courteous place. The staf were very helpful with getting directions to everywhere we wanted to go. Nice continental breakfast each morning was a plus as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Merlin Guesthouse for the boat races in November and would definitely stay there again! It was positioned perfectly to get to anywhere we wanted to go on the island by foot. We were only steps away from the fun on Duval, but were far enough away to have peace and quiet when we wanted it. The managements was great and very funny! Made us feel welcome and comfortable from the moment we arrived. Our room wasn't ready so they gave us an excellent suggestion for lunch and kept our bags. They called when the room was ready and told us to take our time getting back. They were very helpful with suggestions for restaurants as well as having a cab waiting for us when we (sadly) had to leave. The room was very clean, spacious and had privacy. In fact, we only saw others when we wanted to!! very comfortable bed and plenty of clean, fresh towels. Good water pressure in the shower, too!! One of our most favorite places to stay in Key West.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My boyfriend's the type of guy who stays in high rise hotels when out of town, so when I mentioned 'guesthouse'/'bed and breakfast' type of accomodation, I don't think he was too pleased. All I asked was for him to open up to a different setting, and promised he won't be disappointed.Well....am glad to say our stay at the Merlin Guest House actually exceeded his expectations.
We arrived on Tuesday, the 30th of April around 2 pm after 4+ hours of driving from West Palm Beach, FL and found the guesthouse house neatly tucked-in on the corner of Simonton and 'P' *can't remember the name* Street. Received a very warm welcome from lady at the reception desk. She also gave us directions to our tourist activities throughout our stay without hesitation--very helpful. The funny gentleman who works there (and also speaks Spanish), was as exceptionally good and friendly.
We stayed in room 4 for 2 nights.I loved the simplicity and minimal furniture, the 20 something inch flat screen on the wall, and dressing table on the right of the room. At first, my boyfriend was like "where's the fridge, where's the closet,where's this,where's that' but I quickly calmed him down by explaining that we'll hardly be in the room, so we really don't need much. We occupied a queen size bed with crispy, white hotel style bed linen. Adequate number of towels. Bathroom on a small size, but I loved it. We hung out on verandah(porch) at sunset after lazing in the pool area.Grounds are well kept, so much colour with flowers and different plants.
Breakfast-minimal and just right. I endulged on their ham stuffed croissants. All in all, I loved Merlin Guest House, would go there again anytime when in Key West. Infact I don't know if I'd be comfortable going anywhere else, perhaps next time we'll do a balcony too!

Thankyou

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank southernberry
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff and the cat were the best! clean rooms with a touch of "old key west". I will visit in the future. The pool area was small but very nice. I really enjoyed the provided breakfast by the pool. and the cat! that is one big spoiled cat. He is a lucky boy! The location is just right...only one street over from Duval.

Room Tip: room #20 or #17
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Merlin Guesthouse was chosen based upon location and other guest reviews. The location was within walking distance of a large variety of attractions, yet just far enough for a quiet night's sleep. The room was rather small, but the cleanliness and comfort of the bed made up for the room size. I usually don't sleep well in hotel beds, but I slept very well here. The gardens are gorgeous, and the breakfast was simple but nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly.The shower was very soothing. Plenty of very warm water and the shower head provided a great stream of water. I rated this 4/5 for 3 reasons: (1) There was no closet to hang clothing. The dresser had plenty of drawers, and there were large pegs on the wall that accomodated sturdy hangers which were provided. (2) There was no bar soap provided for use at the bathroom sink for washing hands. The "Rusk" brand toiletries were nice. Fortunately, I had just happened to take a small bar of soap with me. (3) Could not hook up to wi-fi in our room. Our room was just out of range of the wi-fi signal. Used wi-fi on the porch and in the gardens with no problem. I would stay here again, and most certainly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you want a nice place to stay in Key West that is less expensive than the big hotels, conveniently located, and clean...this is the place.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple