25 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site$609
Hotels.com$609
ZenHotels.com$653
3,976 results
All reviews sunset pier hot tin roof mallory square liquid lounge junior suite end of duval street ocean view perfect location jacuzzi tub pool staff valet parking pool area our honeymoon pier house balcony concierge gulf
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

Rated it a 4 because it’s older and needs some minor work. However they have made some nice touches to the place. It feels Key West. The staff was outstanding. This is in an excellent location. Beware $35 a night in resort fees and $25 per day valet if you want your car parked at the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
RogerH2855, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Our team really appreciates your fantastic review and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and the amazing location. We are constantly making upgrades to our property and just added brand new sofa beds in all the guest rooms, new pool decking, and our brand new Sunset Pier. Please come back and enjoy the views again very soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2019

I couldn't have made a better choice on where to stay for my Key West visit.
We are in room 312, an oceanview w/private balcony and it is fabulous. The decor of the room is beautiful and upbeat, in turquoise and lime. The view is divine. The bedding is to die for. The bathroom setup is wonderful as you can bathe w/the ocean in the background! A helpful, competent and super friendly staff. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Wow! We could not have written a better review if we tried! Thank you so much for staying with us and come back soon for more amazing water and sunset views and our island friendly staff.

Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately, I had 2 “firsts” on this visit to Ocean Key: first time I’ve ever stayed in a hotel room with no hot water and the first time I’ve ever been downgraded from a suite to a regular hotel room. This was our second stay at Ocean Key. First visit was perfect. This time was bad. Began perfectly by being upgraded to a gorgeous suite. Broken toilet handle (they repaired it the next day) and filthy bathtub. Late the first night when I went to shower, realized there was no hot water. They sent maintenance up who told us to let both sinks and tub run full blast and it would eventually turn hot. Water was still cold. Next day, we were downgraded to the room next door and the water was hot. A few hours later, went to take a shower, water was freezing. Maintenance comes up again, same story, let both sinks and tub run full blast and it will turn hot. It did for a minute then turned cold again while I had shampoo in my hair. We finally got hot water the morning we checked out. The only thing they offered was a few drink vouchers and a couple of breakfast vouchers. When I’m paying $500 a night for a hotel room, I expect hot water or at the very least, a discount. No one cared. After speaking with other guests, this was a wide spread problem which the staff was not forthright about. A little honesty goes a long way. The staff acted like we were the only guests experiencing the cold water. A manager finally admitted to my husband he was getting many complaints. I would consider staying here in the future if the problem is resolved but, for now, we have arranged for other accommodations for our upcoming July Key West trip.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kendallbunton

Hello and thank you so much for your review and for staying with us. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced regarding the hot water situation and our Engineering team has been working to resolve the issue. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at your convenience to discuss this matter further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 3, 2019

You can't beat the location. You're on Duval St right out the door! The Pier is a great place to have a drink and watch the boats sail by as there seems to be a lot of action on the water pretty much all day. The room was nice and clean. We had an ocean front room which was awesome. I'm glad we chose Ocean Key because we checked out some other resorts while we were there and this one we liked the best. We usually like to try different resorts but we'll be staying here again when we return.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Blake Y and thank you so much for staying with us at Ocean Key! We really appreciate your wonderful review and are so glad that you chose to stay at our property. Our entire team is looking forward to hosting you again when you return to paradise!

Reviewed February 1, 2019

We are annual visitors and stayed here a couple of nights with another couple. Staff were amazing and accommodating and be sure to get some of that Rum Punch!! Some of the best I have had in KW. We shared a suite and I thought the rooms were a bit dated and thought it was odd that the kitchen in the room was all locked up. The bed in the master bedroom was great but the pullout sofa another story. It killed my back but it was only two nights and besides, we're in KW! Would I go back, probably but it is a bit pricey. Location CANNOT be beat and the views are great. Makes waking up there a real pleasure. All in all I would certainly recommend if it fits your budget. And btw, the pool area is amazing!

3  Thank iuhas5

Our team is very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Rum Bar in the Lobby at check in and that you chose to stay with us! Your particular room did not come with the kitchen and we have many other room types to choose from. We actually just replaced our sofa sleepers in all of the guest rooms so you will haver to come back and enjoy them very soon when you return to Key West!