7 people have started booking this hotel
FindHotel$642
Trip.com$645
travelup.com$710
3,975 results
All reviews sunset pier hot tin roof mallory square liquid lounge junior suite end of duval street ocean view perfect location jacuzzi tub pool staff valet parking pool area our honeymoon pier house balcony concierge gulf
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016

This was our second stay at Ocean Key. This time we stayed a few days longer than previously. I had requested a partial ocean/Mallory Square view room on an upper floor. I reiterated this when we checked in.
(Andy, our awesome assistant from last year was there to greet us again this year. Same smiling face and terrific attitude; this young man deserves a raise, Noble House management!)
Andy took us up to our assigned room and I immediately checked on the view from the balcony. We were at treetop level and our view was partially blocked on this 4th floor room. We told Andy we didn't like the room and they re-assigned us to a 5th floor room above treetops and with an awesome view of the areas we had asked for. Andy moved all our baggage to the new room, keeping his smiling face during this entire process.
Another reviewer posted this week that the crane and re-tiling noises bothered her a lot and the hotel responded they told guests who were booking that they had some construction going on. (The crane was on the Key West docks, not the hotel. The tile work was in the hotel). When I called to reserve, I was not told of any construction but it wouldn't have made a difference to us if they had told us in advance. The crane noise did bother us some when we were on the balcony for hours on end, but it was not greatly intrusive on our relaxation.
We ate many of our meals through room service and had excellent experiences with all the dining staff. I can't remember the name of the man who brought most of our breakfasts and a couple of our dinners, but he was outstanding, professional, friendly, smiling, a real asset to the hotel.
All the food we had was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. (Belgium waffles my husband said were the best he'd ever had so he ordered that every morning; the steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, brown sugar, honey glazed pecans and a fruit compote was so scrumptious I had that for every breakfast too)
Dinners were fish which was cooked to perfection and one day I had their Lobster Haverti Cheese sandwich which was like a chicken sandwich on steroids!! Spectacular food all the way around.
The only problem we had and it was a non-issue for me but aggravated my husband was the housekeeping staff who did not understand English. I had to write down what we needed and she took the list to her supervisor! Also, a blond housekeeper seemed to get upset when we said we didn't need any housekeeping services one day.
We did use the Spa this time and our experience there was terrific; highly recommend them!
The clerk in the gift shop was very friendly, helpful and kind. We enjoyed looking around at all the beautiful things in there. They sell stamps and the clerk put the stamps we purchased on the 4 postcards and mailed them for us. Very nice lady.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful also as one would expect from a lovely hotel.
The partial ocean view room is a delight. Large and brightly decorated with large doors/windows looking out at the beautiful ocean. I especially liked the rain shower.
Hopefully, we'll be able to visit again next year.
Highly recommend.

Room tip: Ask for a partial ocean view overlooking Mallory Square where the daily sunset celebrations are
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLGal1980
OceanKey, Front Office Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

FlGal1980,

Thank you for such an amazing and detailed review of your stay. Our staff takes great pride in customer service and I am glad it showed during your visit. Andy, as well as the other members of our staff truly make our property what it is. They go out of their way to see that you have a great time with us, and leave with a smile. We are glad that you were able to dine with us as well as enjoy treatment at SpaTerre. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2016

The staff was very friendly here and the highlight was a great massage at the Spa but... The pool is to small for the resort It was crowded as we were trying to look for a seat away from people an obnoxious guest threw a wet bathing suit in order to claim his chair past our heads. There was a lot of construction not only in the hotel but also by the pool. One rainy morning we ordered a Smoked Salmon omelette and a bagel with cream cheese It came with a tiny bit of cream cheese on the side. We called down to tell them they forgot the cream cheese in the omelet and they said that was the cream cheese in the side cup, we asked for more for our bagel and they sent another tiny bit of cream cheese (its not butter guys its cream cheese and I am paying for a side of it). They left the blood line in the smoked salmon (dark meat) so it was fishy and also cold by the time we got the tiny cup of cream cheese. The rooms are unlike the professional photos on the site they need updating. no hard wood floors like in the photo and the carpeting left a musty smell If you use the bathroom whistle while your in there because the slatted doors provide no sound muffling, There is no wifi in the rooms like advertised you have to got to the lobby. definitely not worth the money we spent. If I saw a picture of our room that we stayed in I would have stayed somewhere else. When we received the bill they put an automatic parking charge even though we did not have a car so we had to call them and get it removed

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank dreadful44
OceanKey, Front Office Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

dreadful44,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with TripAdvisor. We appreciate the kind words regarding our staff but disappointed to hear about some of the issues that you went through during your stay. I would like to speak in more detail about your time with us, please call me directly. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

The room was beautiful and large. We had a great view of the ocean and pool. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Pool bar staff is extremely attentive and is never a miss when you need a towel or drink. Location was the best for us. We have stayed at other hotels in Key West but will return here again and again from now on.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy S
OceanKey, Front Office Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Amy S,

Thank you for making the Ocean Key Resort & Spa your new home away from home when visiting the island. We have a great location, with all that the island has to offer at our doorstep. Our staff is second to none, we take great pride in the guest experience and see to it that everyone leaves with a smile. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

This was the 3rd Hotel of our visit to Florida and unfortunately the most disappointing hotel. The location is perfect and the views in the evening are also great. I guess we have been spoilt at the Four Seasons in Orlando as this Hotel just seemed so dated and didn't live up to the Professional Photos that appear on their website. The Pool area is very small and it looks like it's not been decorated in 20 years. The noise from the Drilling (they are doing some tile repairs- Sept 2016) and the noise from the large crane next to the pool is so frustrating. In addition, to really annoy me, there is a Cockerail that swarks every morning at 5am!

If you are after a good nights sleep in a modern hotel, I would try to see if there are any other options in Key West, This appeared the best when I was looking at Websites, but it does flatter to deceive. The staff were excellent and do deserve special praise!

I loved Key West and will come back, but I will be staying elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank 746stevem746
OceanKey, Front Office Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Steve M,

Thank you for leaving your review with TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. I apologize that we didn't exceed your expectations. Our property is making some upgrades and we let all guests know of our renovations beforehand. We appreciate the kind words regarding our staff, as we take great pride in guest satisfaction. We hope that in the future when you return to the island, you give us another chance to show you what an amazing property we have.

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

I just want to thank Ocean Key for providing my fiancé and I with another amazing experience! Once again they exceeded or expectations! Our room was a partial island view on the 5th floor which was amazing!!! We had an amazing view of the ocean and Mallory Square. We could watch the festivities and sunset from our balcony.

This trip was strictly for wedding recon and trying to find the perfect venue for our July 2017 wedding. We did just that at Ocean Key. We chose the Hot Tin Roof which has spectacular views overlooking the ocean. We were so fortunate to book a wedding planner and a venue in about a hour at the resort...leaving the rest of our trip enjoy the island.

I love this resort!! It's never stuffy. It's so beautiful and the location is perfect. The staff is very attentive and friendly. After 4 nights, it's so hard to leave!! However, we will be back next year and hopefully many years to come!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsmith77

Kelsmith77,

Thank you for such a terrific review!! We are honored to be a part of such a special moment in your lives. We truly care about the guest experience and do our best to make them all unforgettable. We look forward to having you back in July to celebrate your special day with us. Please let us know what we can do to make it an even more memorable day for you.