2,566 results
All reviewssmathers beachshuttle servicefree shuttleduval streetdirectly across the streetevery half hourpool areahotel shuttleclose to the airportstarbucks coffeeliving roomresort feethe hotel offersnice poolspring breakhot tubking suite
Reviewed October 31, 2008

We had been to Key West before but stayed at a holiday inn. This hotel was lot nicer than that one.

We stayed for (3) nights and found the hotel very nice. I too, was a lttle leary after reading some reviews.... The rooms were very clean and a nice seating area. We came with another couple and it was very easy to go and visit .We had 256 and 257. The ocean view was fantastic. Kingsize bed was very comfortable and a very nice shower.
The staff was very accommodating Especially the shuttle drivers and the people working in the gift shop

Unfortuantely, we had a cold spell in Key West. We were actually wearing sweat shirts to watch the sun go down, The wind was probably 15 - 20 mph. White caps on the water. It was pretty nasty. The last day was pretty nice.

The shuttle is a great way to go down and back at night. We would use our rental car to drive down during the day. Get back. relax alittle, catch the 5:30 and come back at 10:50, or, take a cab.. But that was a plan. We just seemed to be ready to come back by 10:50.
Ticket or no ticket the shuttle never left anyone behind...
Seriously, no complaints about the hotel at all. One final thought on visiting Key West.

Fly into Miami and drive down thru the Florida "Keys", It takes about 3 hours. It is an absolutely beautiful drive... It is a 'must do'.

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY YOUR STAY!

o

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2008

All the staff (pretty much everyone we had dealings with) were very good, smiley and professional; from check in to the concierge/tours girl (Petie) to the servers. Very good.

The property looked OK on the Sheraton website (well, they are not going to make it look bad I suppose) but to say it is grubby is probably giving them the benefit of the doubt. Our first room (#324) came with blood/other stained carpets which had clearly outstayed their welcome, grey (not by manufacture) thread-bare net curtains, badly stained walls, dirty sheets and a rather odd (but not in a nice way) smell which I coulndn't quite put my finger on.

The second room was somewhat better (#102) but still not worthy of $200 per night (IMHO). The carpet was better although still a little suspect and the walls did have the odd splattering of nastiness but yes, it was better. The bathrooms (in both rooms) are of a good/clean standard and come with large showers and the usual (no-foam) shampoos and soaps.

The pool is OK, if a little small, and has sufficient loungers to acommodate the guests.

The common areas of the hotel are very grubby; the windows could do with a good clean and the bannisters need a serious paint job.

The courtesy bus provides a good service but it is important to book both way transit in advance as key times get booked up quite quickly. It takes about 10 mins to get into town by this method and the driver will hand you a heap of coupons ("tips welcome" as in most places!)

All in all I'd avoid this place if I possibly could; I certainly would not stay at a Sheraton again as I think it's proved to be one grubby experience from start to finish. But, as for all places; horses for courses.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We all stayed at this hotel and the only real complaint I heard was there was no smoking allowed. To me that was not a con against the hotel. I absolutley detest smoking, the smell is disgusting.

But anyways, the hotel was clean and the room was ok, the only thing that bothered me is the pictures they advertise look so nice and sparkly, but when you see the room it is a whole other story. The room is the same as the pic but wow is it different. It was, well, less glossy.

I would not stay there again for one reason and only one, it was a little far away from Duval. Other than that, this hotel offered a shuttle every hour to downtown Duval. Last shuttle is at 10:50 and a cab ride cost us about $12.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2008

I had spent a considerable amount of time trying to find the right place to stay for this vacation and thought I had found an ideal place. While I admit the staff was very cordial and pleasant, the room we had was no where near the 200.00 spent each night. After being moved to a second room, I still was very disappointed with the cleanliness and upkeep of the facility. Carpet stains, mold and furniture that wouldn't be found in a Goodwill store seemed to be acceptable in a Sheraton. IF I had wanted an Econolodge room (my apologies to Econolodge), I certainly could have done it for much less than 200.00 per night. Seems the name Sheraton no longer means high standards in the lodging business.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Thought we called a couple weeks in advance about an early check in (1 hr) the room was not ready so we had to wait. Finally a room was ready and they gave us card keys, only to find when we opened the door the previous guests had not checked out yet!!

They offered us an upgraded room but we would have to wait for it. Since we were already waiting we accepted. We were hot and tired from traveling all day and two hrs after we get to the hotel we still had no room. Finally I asked again and things got heated with one of the ladies behind the desk. She said it was our own fault we had to wait so long because we accepted an upgraded room.

So, they screw up our check in, offer compensation, we accept, then they punish us for accepting. Later in the week I spoke to other guests and apparently it isn't uncommon to have to wait for a room there, regardless of reservations.

The suite had maintenance issues. It was infested with little bugs crawling on the sink, table and walls. You couldn't leave food out because the bugs would come. There were even bugs in the coffee maker. The carpet and curtains were badly stained. The spare blanket had not been laundered after the previous guests, and had been shoved into a plastic bag in the closet.

Some of the staff was pleasant and others were downright confrontational. All of the bartenders at the pool were nice and the concierge ladies were pleasant and very helpful. The pool and grounds were nice. Key West is too much fun to have to deal with hotel issues.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family