“Great hotel”

Sheraton Suites Key West
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Key West
“Great hotel”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The suites are great the shower you could have a disco in it was so massive, there was a coffee machine serving Starbucks coffee, just down the elevator and along the corridor was the pool side great pool, just across the road was the beach which had activities on it (company called sunset watersports check out my other reveiw on that) very nice beach, they have a free shuttle bus that runs every 15 mins to 30 mins, the only problem with every thing was that when you were trying to sleep there was the thermostat clicking on the fridge.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sheraton Suites Key West, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the good review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2013

First let me get a few negative issues out of the way. Upon driving into the Sheraton suites resort, there is no sign to indicate where chen in is located. I assumed correctly that it was at the traffic circle in front of the blue awnings. No staff to greet us, open the door, nobody at all. Wy wife waits in the car with the luggage while I go inside to investigate. Once again, no sign to show where to check in, nobody at the door. A turn to the right eventually leads me to a small check in desk. Eventually, I get checked in by a woman with an accent who seriously needs a personality. Not rude, but just unusually cold. I would like to note that The bellmen and the shuttle drivers were wonderful. Another issue I had with the front desk was when i needed them to call me a cab. But because there was only 1 person at the desk checking in guests, it took a while. Since nobody picked up our morning breakfast order from our door, there was no breakfast in the morning, but they got our order up pretty quickly once it was called in. Here is a tip for the Sheraton. HIRE SOME HELP. Other than the issues at the front desk, the room was very nice, clean and spaceous. Seperate living room with a nice size table for dining with a wet bar, fridge and microwave. Nice bath with walk in marble shower. By the way, the thermostat is behind the tv in the living room.
One of the very few sand beaches in the Florida keys located just across the street. the resort has a very nice salt water pool with a waterfall. The jacuzzi is hidden behind the waterfall.
If you want to see the sunset at Mallory square, go early because the shuttle runs every 30 minutes, but a lot of people want to go an hour before sunset, and the van only seats about 6 or 7 people. A cab ride is about $15. parking downtown is a nightmare & you won't have to worry about a designated driver.
This could be a great hotel were it not for the lack of personal service. Sometimes they forget they are in the "hospitality" business.

Room Tip: This resort is great if you want to be near a beach and want to be away from the busy tourist areas...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sheraton Suites Key West, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed your suite, pool and Key West sunsets. All reviews are passed along to staff for training and improvement purposes.

Belleville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel close to the beach and not too close to touristy Duval St. We stayed here last year and had a good experience but I wanted to try another place. At first, I was contemplating staying at Waldorf Reach but changed my mind last minute. I am glad I did.

One person can make a difference. My boyfriend is such a light sleeper and every little thing wakes him up. On this vacation, he did his century run from Key Largo to Key West. I wanted to make sure that when he gets to the hotel, he can sit down and relax on our ocean front room and sleep well. When I got to the room, we were next to the elevator. The last time we had our room next to an elevator (this was at another hotel), it kept him up all night, no sleep, and a very grumpy person. Who can blame him? I went back to the front desk and told the person my concerns. He changed my room without hesitation and UNDERSTOOD where I am coming from. My boyfriend has been coming here for years. He likes this hotel and, now, I can see why. Jonathan, thank you for making our stay pleasant. People like you make us feel like it's home.

1 Thank NJ_0614
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been going annually for the last 5 years. Suites are large and super comfortable. The poolside is lovely and oh so restful. The restaurant and bar overlook the pool and everything is tucked in to create a calming island feel. With the servers coming down to you, what else is there to be concerned about? The beach is down the block and it is gorgeous. The crowd is well mannered of all ages and from many parts of the world. The jitney transports you to and from town all day and night for the island's cheery and sometimes funky terrific restaurants and fun nightlife. Thus, you do not need a car. Fly in if you wish. And if you have a car, forget it. Just hop the jitney and enjoy the bars, Duval Street, and the sunsets!

Room Tip: The rooms are generally all of the same great quality.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uegdsw
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. Great beds and linens, clean, spacious rooms. The pool is always busy and right next to the bar. Right across from the beach which is not crowded which I loved. A lot of seaweed which gives it the fish smell but I was happy. Even though you are right by the airport you don't hear the airplane noise which was great. Now the cons - until 6pm there is only 1 10 passenger shuttle into old town. If you miss it you have to find your own way. It's over a 2 mile walk. I suggest renting scooters if you don't have small ones. It would make it a lot easier to get around. With that there isn't much in the way of food close so you have to eat there (pretty pricy), shuttle or drive. Traffic in Key West is not pleasant. Room service is pretty slow. I would definitely stay here again though.

1 Thank Tmc2007
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Suites. The shuttle is a popular service and is on a first come, first serve basis. All reviews are passed along to staff for training and improvement purposes. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Key West from August 8th to the 11th. We were a large group: 13 people. I will start by saying that the hotel is clean, well maintained and cozy, It's like a mini beach resort, but without immediate access to the beach (you have to go across the street for beach access). And the beach is not so great.

All of the rooms are suites: one king size bed and a pull out bed. The staff at the hotel advised that the rooms slept four people comfortably. But my two petite teenage girls were not so comfortable in the small pull out bed. Also though we called to have the pull out set up, they never did. And, when they came to service the room they never set the pull out back!

Prior to our arrival and while making the reservation for 4 rooms I was assured that the credit card I used to secure the reservation would not be charged. That did not happen!! As I was driving to Key West my debit card was charged for one night in all four rooms. I called them while still in transit and I was assured that I would be refunded as soon as my party checked in. That did not happen. The refund took two days, and to date they stil have not refunded me the entire amount though everyone checked out with a zero balance invoice. Once we arrived, the staff immediately ran our credit cards and put holds on out cards without telling us the reason or amount of the holds. Though we are not novices at hotel stays, generally hotel staff tell you what and how much of a hold amount is being put on our cards prior to running it. In fact, we all had to ask repeatedly what amount was the hold for. The rooms took hours to be ready and it wasn't until I inquired that we were advised that our rooms were ready. We were advised that guaranteed check in was at four, we arrived in the morning, so we understood that the rooms may not have been ready, so we left a cell number on which to be called on once the rooms were ready. 4PM came and went and no one called us. The check in took a ridiculously long time! They seemed ill prepared to handle our large group. When we got there there was one person at the front desk, who started checking us in. As that happened the line behind us became longer. Another staff came and instead of that other person moving the line along, they gave her another person in my party to finish up reservations that the initial staff had started! Inefficient to say the least. Because now the two "Mensa" candidates kept walking back and forth to eachother's computers to figure what what the other had already done. And the line kept getting longer and longer! Overall I enjoyed my stay. Though I found the hotel to be too pricey. One good thing however, they have a pretty decent shuttle bus service. I suggest relying on that to take trips into town to eat or for entertainment. The hotel is far from ANYTHING and the food and cocktails are just... eh and pricey. So the shuttle bus is definitely a plus. I am not planning any trips to Key West anytime soon, as I have been there several times already, but if I were I would not stay at the Sheraton Suites.

1 Thank Airheart73
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just got back from our 5 night stay in Key West and we choose Sheraton Suites because of the suite style room where you can have a little privacy in your bedroom that can be close off to the living room. Also because of the shuttle service which I tought was pretty good for the most part. It did get a little busy after 5pm so be prepared to wait a couple round trips before you can get a ride to and from down town.
Room was spacious and clean, shower was awesome, and bed was comfy. No complaints there, Tv channels were a lil fuzzy but I didnt go on vacation to watch Tv so it was no big deal.
The pool was really awesome and the kids loved it!

I just wish they atleast provide you with complementary breakfast muffins, bagels, toast, or even cereal... payng 80$ for a family of 4 every mouring for breakfast is insane!!! This would be my only complaint, other than this foul smell walking through the hallway that led us to the garden walk way that had our hotel room on it.
Id have to say that I would return to this hotel and would recommend this to others....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SiscoJuan
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Sometimes when the tide is low, there is a foul smell of the seaweed that travels in the air. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to your return visit to Key West!