“Good for the price”

Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Clearwater, Florida
“Good for the price”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We just came back from Key West after a wedding. We stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Key West. The service was great. It was nice to have a shuttle that took you to downtown and the airport. Made the trip manageable without a car. The rooms were large and clean. The barthrooms were very clean and large showers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nantha s
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sheraton Suites Key West, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

I have read your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Suites. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the this location because it is located near the beach. The building is reasonably maintained. The front desk, concierge, and other staff are friendly and professional. The is one big problem I think the management needs to improve...ROOM SERVICE. The night I checked-in (9pm), I called room service to order from the menu. I asked for 2 ham sandwiches which were on their menu and was told that they were out, so I then substituted for the turkey sandwiches...no problem.

I ask also asked for coffee and they did not have any. I then asked for milk and was again told they didn't have any milk. I asked if the turkey sandwiches would come with mayo and I was told they would have to look for it...sadly no mayo. When the 2 sandwiches arrived, I was unpleasantly surprised to see my turkey and cheese still in paper wraps, along with each sandwich brought up in plastic to-go containers. I was somewhat taken aback, but decided to wait until I ordered breakfast the next day.

The breakfast was unimpressive and I had asked that the cheese on the breakfast sandwich, not to be added. I could understand if this was the slow summer months, but not when snow birds are coming down to visit and have to pay the "high" seasonal hotel rates. My overall impression is that this is a good spot to relax, but spend your money outside the hotel for better food and service.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the pool view is not worth it if you like quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sheraton Suites Key West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It is regrettable that the food service was not up to your standards. We take all comments seriously and will use your review as a training tool for our staff.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We are on are last night of vacationing in Key West, we stayed at the Sheraton and had a very nice time. We especially enjoyed the daily shuttle to the downtown area... this saved us a lot of money in cab rides and prevented us from having to "deal" with cabbies (who generally were not the friendliest when we did have to take a taxi) --- speaking of friendly, we would like to give Steve, our shuttle driver... he was very knowledgeable and seemed to really like his job. All of the staff was very pleasant. Drinks at the pool bar were good but breakfast at hotel was not the best, I would pass on that. Overall, good for this price, location and amenities.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We will make sure to pass along the good review to Steve the Shuttle driver!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Booked three days at the Sheraton Suites Key West - heading down from Chicago with wife and two kids, celebrating a special event next week. Used premier reward points and then reserved an extra night with an ocean view since I was advised by staff that it would likely open up (at the time one night was not available). Total amount translates to about $900, so I figured it would be a fair deal on both sides. Followed up this week and was hung up on and the manager (Tolan) didn't return my calls - have been having a terrible time with staff and concerned how this is going to work out. Seems they can act this way once everything starts selling out. The folks who had suggested that the Ocean view would open up are now transferring to central reservations (who have little to no records of the conversation and no idea on what is going on (someone named Padre from Portugal working from an office in Ireland...)). From what they can tell I am some kind of "block" (I'm hoping that doesn't mean noisy parking lot view) Getting concerned, but going this a shot and see how things work out. Will post our experience once we get back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SilverBullet007
Chicago, USA
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked three days at the Sheraton Suites in Key West last week and they did not disappoint. As usual, the customer service from all staff was excellent. All Sheraton staff we encountered were friendly and helpful when we needed. We had a small suite with a very comfortable king bed. Excellent shower and lots of towels. The room also had a small fridge and sink as well as a coffee set up including Starbucks coffee. Nice! Free wi-fi too.
The hotel is directly across from One of the best beaches in the Keys (IMHO). We spent most of our time there. It was not crowded and no one bothered you. You can rent chairs for $10 and there are also other water sports available for renal as well, although we didn't.
Another reason we chose the Sheraton was the free shuttle downtown. It takes you just a few blocks from Duval street. Lots of restaurants and bars. Lots of fun. If (when?) we return to Key West, you will find us at the Sheraton again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonKeyWest, Manager at Sheraton Suites Key West, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Suites and look forward to your return visit to Key West!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

In December, my husband, our 2 college aged kids and myself vacationed in Key West. I specifically looked for a hotel with 3 beds (2Q and a pull out sofa) so each of the kids could have a bed. That made for limited offerings on Key West. This hotel, while a drive from Duval Street, appeared to meet our bedding needs and had good reviews. There were hotels with better locations and a better price - but with no pull out sofa. However, the pull out sectional was unusable as a bed. The metal bar under the mattress made it impossible to find a comfortable way to sleep. My son ended up sleeping on it as a regular sofa one night -but that didn't work either because the two parts of the sectional were slightly different heights. Then he ended up sleeping on the floor. I talked to the front desk about our issue and their response was that the sofas were going to be replaced in 2013. Good to know but didn't help our current issue.
Overall, the room was large - much bigger than a normal hotel room - which was nice.

Next time, I'll stay within walking distance of Duval street.

Room Tip: The only difference in the 'smaller' suites and 'larger' suites are whether they hav...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with the pull out sofa. We are in the process of replacing all of the sofas this month. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review and we hope you will visit Key West again soon.

buenos aires
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Is a beautiful place, well located, with an amazing beach on front. The free shuttle in-out to the old pier/city is very comfortable, There is an attractive pool area at the hotel with a bar/restaurant for those who want to stay on site.
The restaurant has an complete menu

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the good review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Suites and look forward to your return visit to Key West!