“Great Location”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Expensive hotel - but what makes it worth it is it's location! Close to the action on Duval Street yet very quiet with a sense of seclusion. Be sure to request the Gulf View - it's worth watching the constant motion of the boats in and out of the nearby marina - plus the sunset view is even better than Mallory Square! The private beach is small yet a fun place to cool off. All employees were nice and helpful, and the entire hotel was immaculate! Will definitely return!

2  Thank Educator_10

Reviewed July 9, 2010

The pier house is an excellent choice of hotels in Key West. The pool is great, the location is convenient, and the spa services are elegant. The rooms are tiny but I would guess that is standard on this island. The maid services were great, coming back whenever we needed them to. The beds are good quality and the bedding is upscale.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clay_10
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The Pier House is in a great location...close to everything. The CVS across the street was a great place for snacks and drinks to keep in the room. We were upgraded since I sent an email to the concierge before we left asking for a ground room because my mother doesn't climb steps very well. There was no problem with that upon check-in. We had a garden room that faced the pool. The room was spacious and neatly appointed. The bathroom was very large, with a nice walk in shower. I can't believe that people complain about the small beach...Key West is not known for it's beaches. I thought that it was a total PLUS that there was a small man made beach at the resort. The attendants were great about setting up chairs and getting towels. You can even snorkel there with lots of colorful fish hanging out near the rocks. My daughter and I did this every day, and we were completely entertained! The pool is VERY WARM (something about solar panels), so in the evening, we would swim there when the beach was closed. The food at the Pier House was very good. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner there over the course of our stay, and the cost was similar to what you find outside the hotel, if not maybe less. Portions were huge and for breakfast, we would share two items between 3 people and still have some left. We ate in the Harbourview Cafe and Beach Bar & Grille, and had room service several times, even one night for dinner when we were tired. We did not use the spa, so I can't comment about that, but free parking is a such a bonus when you are near Mallory Square and Duval Street. And the free internet is also a bonus. The Pier House was a great experience for myself, my 66 year old mother and 13 year old daughter.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank keriabbott
Reviewed July 2, 2010

My wife, two teenage daughters, and I just completed a three-night stay at the Pier House. Our experience was outstanding in every way possible. Often, you look at a hotel on their website and you don't get what you see. In the case of the Pier House, the property is much more beautiful than the few pictures on their website can offer. The entire property is very well kept. The hotel location is perfect. You can walk right off of the hotel property and onto Duval Street. Mallory Square is only a block from the hotel, as is the pier area where one can take advantage of a variety of water sports activities. The rooms have tile floors, contemporary island style furnishings, and upscale bathrooms. We had a waterfront room, and the deck was bigger than some hotel rooms I've stayed in! We dined at two of the restaurants there on the property, and I must say they were both very good. Every member of the hotel staff that I met was extremely professional, nice, and accomodating. The Concierge was available throughout the day to help with the planning of all events and reservations. This was our first experience in Key West, and I can assure you, thanks to the Pier House, I will be planning a return trip.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott049
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I stayed at the Pier House with a girl friend the week of 6/7 - 6/11/10. We were a little nervous about any problems with the oil spill but it wasn't in sight! We had the Lanai room overlooking Duvall St and Mallory Sq. - it's not as big as the photo depicts but roomy enough with 2 queen beds. The rooms and grounds were very clean. The Beach is small but nice - they supply chairs, tables & towels. Had breakfast twice in the cafe on the Beach - the eggs benedict were superb! Great Mimosa and Bloody Marys also. The Concierge hooked us up with a Kayak tour. We rented mopeds from the stand in front of the resort - the guy gave us a great deal and very convenient. We ate at Camiles, Bagatelles, Hogs Breath and a burger at Hard Rock. A little muggy this time of year but worth the beautiful waters. Hemmingway House was fun with all the cats. We went on a cool Ghost Tour too.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank cynwel55
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I visited Key West for the first time with my partner and his brother and partner. Lucky for us, his brother had stayed at the Pier House before and knew it was the best location for seeing the sights in Key West.

The hotel is lovely, with a small intimate beach. I encourage you to upgrade to a waterview room as it is worth every penny. These rooms have huge terraces which iare perfect for sitting and enjoying the view with a glassof wine. If you are lucky you can even see the occasional cruise ship docked. One word of caution if you are a bath person, most of the rooms have been renovated and the tubs have been removed. Great shower but I did miss my bath.

The only complaint I had was the temperature of the pool. It was very, very warm and many people complained but nothing was done. I couldn't understanding why the hotel didn't cool down the temperature of the water by adding cold water. The air temperature was 96 degrees and I'm sure the pool temperature was almost the same.

The Pier House is within walking distance to great restaurants and Key West is spectacular! If I'm lucky enough to go back to Key West, the Pier House is where we would stay.

2  Thank paulette90
Reviewed June 25, 2010

What a treat! My girlfriend and I stayed here in June 2010. We stayed in one of the Caribbean Spa rooms and had the perfect stay. I used the trip to surprise my girlfriend and not only was she surprised, but we are now only staying there moving forward. The location is awesome especially the private beach to cool off and mingle with other guests. The pool looked nice, but we never went in, we had the ocean! The staff made our stay wonderful and Lee in guest services helped me plan a few other surprises while we were there. Don't hesitate to talk to him or Todd to do some special things or setup a few surprises. A few recommendations that we loved as much as the Pier House: SUP Key West - is a tour on a Stand Up Paddle Surfboard, we went all through the mangroves and saw amazing wildlife. Megan the tour guide is amazing and this is hands down the most fun activity we have done in Key West. On to places to eat: Breakfast - Pepe's & Blue Heaven, Lunch - BO's Fish Wagon, Cocktails - Rum Bar @ The Speakeasy & of course the Chart Room, Dinner - Kelly's & Louie's Backyard (Lee or Todd can get a reservation for this one), and Desert - Better Than Sex is a desert bar and if you have a sweet tooth and miss this your crazy! Besides that enjoy Key West, we always do! Oh I almost forgot - BRING OR RENT BIKES - makes it a lot more fun!

1  Thank PumRunch9