Pier House Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,481 results
All reviewsbeach barprivate beachchart roomlanai roomdockside suitemallory squareend of duval streetturtle pondperfect locationgarden viewlarge balconybars and restaurantswatch the sunsetgreat resorttrip to key westwalking distance to everythingfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I just came back from a 9 day stay at the Pier House. I have been going there for many years and this was the first time that I went totally alone, that is how comfortable everyone there makes you feel. As usual the service was excellent. Everyone goes above and beyond to make sure that their guests are happy. From the front desk to the servers - everyone is really wonderful. In addition, the food at the Harborview Cafe is better than any other restaurant that I have ever eated at on Key West and at a better prices. Why would you go anywhere else when you have the pool, beach, a great restuarant and piano bar all within a couple of hundred yards? I am already planning my next trip! Thank all of you at the Pier House for making my stay very enjoyable!
- JC from Hoboken, NJ

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank janamarlowe
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Location is good, hotel was clean, our room was clean, bathroom clean but not "spotlessly clean". The outside steps to our second floor room were worn and slippery - my husband and I tripped on the same step, different days - dry steps, not rainy or wet. Service is fair, and there is a language problem in the restaurant, the result being one didn't always get what was ordered. The front desk staff is cordial, but not particularly helpful. We were told we could buy conch train tickets at the front desk, but the clerk said, "yeah, you could get them here, but why don't you just go down to the corner and get them, it's just as easy". Easy for who? There is free use of a computer in the lobby to print boarding passes.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flights
Reviewed July 28, 2009

great hotel, steps from everything key west. room was very nice, as was the pool and small beach. ate at the resturant once a day and was very happy. drank at the outdoor bar at night and was very happy, bartenders were great and very helpful. resort is close to everything and we walked all over the island, never needed a cab. has a nice pier also to view sunsets--no nearly as crowded as mallory square. cuban resturant up town was really good and waiter helpful. can't wait to go again. kind of expensive though.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank cheri59
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed a the Pier House for a couple of days in July 2009. I had read the reviews and chose to stay here because it seemed to be the only resort that was walking distance to Duvall and had a useable beach area. Great decision, this place is absolutely wonderfull. The staff are wonderful, helpful and very courteous. The beach is very nice although very small. I realize now that there are really not any nice or well taken care of beaches in Key West. I was satisfied with the beach at Pier House, more so after walking around the neighboring resorts and their "beaches". The resort is quiet and upscale, but once you go out the entry you are immediately on Duvall and everything there is within easy walking distance.
Regarding all the bad reviews about the wireless internet access, we stayed in room 271 and had absolutely not problem with the internet. I was able to connect each and every time. I would recommend this resort to my closest friend, I have absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pupsmom
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Pier House was definitely a hit with me. I often travel solo to Key West and loved the location for easy access to my favorite downtown haunts. I also loved that it's a couple blocks from the hub-bub and quiet when you need it. The beach area was gorgeous and swimming in the gulf was fantastic! My lanai room was nicely appointed and very close to the pool /beach. Food and drink are slightly high, but no moreso than other nice properties in the area.

The negatives were: in spite of what they say, there is NO internet service in the rooms. The beach bar had access but once you went back to the room, it was gone. I asked many of the guests and we all experienced the same thing. The topless beach area is a nice amenity but it's surrounded by bushes (I'm guessing they were required to do this) which totally ruins the gulf view. The only other problem I had was my refirgerator was turned all the way down and there was no obvious way to adjust it. I called maintenance and they pulled the unti from the cabinet and turned it up - the control was in the back. Not a huge issue, just an annoyance.

Overall, I would rate my stay there excellent and in fact, I'll be back in October!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo