Normally we like to stay different places when we go to Key West. Last time we stayed at the Pier House - see my previous review - and we liked it so much we decided to book Pier House again. This was a last minute trip but found a great buy 4 nights get the 5th free promotion so the price was right. We actually stayed in the room right above the room we stayed in last time!! The second story room seemed just a bit bigger - not by much - maybe a foot or so. The decor was exactly the same as the room below. Both roooms overlook the parking lot. The patio of the lower story room has a fence and foliage covering it that you have no idea you are on the parking lot. With the upper story room you are just a bit higher than the foliage so you can see the parking lot through the trees. Not much but you don't get the "I didn't know I am overlooking the parking lot" feel like before - you do know you are overlooking the parking lot. But because this room is a bit higher than the foliage more daylight comes into the room - which is appealing. The lower story room was always dark - so much so you had to turn on the lights all the time. So it is a trade off - you either know you are looking at the parking lot and have daylight or you feel like you are in a tropical forest but have to have lights on all the time. Either one - the rooms are nice. The best thing I like about this hotel is how quiet it is. I never heard anyone in the halls, parking lot, nothing - as was the time before!! Staying in bed and breakfast hotels or vacation rentals that are more in the residential areas you have to deal with the roosters waking you up early - which some days isn't exactly what you want to do..:) Plus many of the bed and breakfast hotels surround a pool and if your room isn't away from the pool you probably hear late night partying around the pool - which is fine on the nights you want to join in but on the nights you do not - it is a hassle....Now I cannot comment on the rooms at the Pier House that surround the pool - they may not be as quiet and the side of the hotel we stayed on both times.
The nice thing about the Pier House is it sits right in the area we like to be. Walk out of the hotel one way you are steps from the marina. Go out the other way you are on Duval near Hogs Breath and the rest of the action on Duval.
Last time we arrived early and was able to get our room right away. This time we arrived early (which it was early 10:30 am) our room was not ready but they stored our bags and we went over to Hogs Breath for lunch and they called us within an hour to let us know our room was ready - that is service.
Pier House will continue to be our first look hotel - with all the promotions etc that they run - if you can be flexible with your travel times you can find a comparatively pretty good deal at the Pier House. Oh BTW beware of the dice game at the Chart Room....we won money but the next morning was a bit rough...:).......it was a great time!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West