“Excellent customer service and staff!”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed July 29, 2014

When we arrived to Key West we didn't realize there would be so much road work. We didn't know how to get to the hotel and we were exhausted after driving from Miami to Key West. We called the hotel and they gave us perfect directions. When we got there the night manager was there to greet us. He made checking in a breeze. The bellman found us a parking spot near the front entrance, loaded our cart and we were settled in for the evening within minutes. The next day, guest services helped us by showing us exactly how to get around the city. I called the desk about three times and every time they were very courteous. We also left some toiletries behind and they provided some to us free of charge. The hotel was conveniently located near many attractions in the city and the hotel itself was easy to navigate and the grounds were beautiful and well maintained. I also recommend dining at the hotel beach bar or restaurant. The conch fritters and lobsters sliders were outstanding! If you hang out at the private beach the hotel provides complimentary towels. And you can even snag a chair on the beach if you time it right. Overall, we had an amazing time. We would absolutely recommend this property for your stay. The only downside is staying on the first floor. It was very loud in the evenings, but it really didn't bother us that much. The first floor was also more convenient to hotel amenities. So if you don't mind some occasional noise then give it a try. Also, parking is $20/day in the hotel lot - make sure to budget for that. We will definitely stay at the Pier House again!

Room Tip: First floor a bit noisy but very convenient
3  Thank Saragirl0906
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and I am glad youenjoyed your time at the Pier House and took advantag of all of our great amenities. On your next trip please try our spa as we have the only full service spa on the island. i look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Pier House Resort and Spa was probably the best Resort that I have ever stayed at. The staff was friendly, the food was excellent, and the grounds were beautiful. Because of the Pier House I will return to Key West and stay here again and again. If you are looking for a great and relaxing place to stay right on Duval st. the Pier House is your place. And anything you need or have questions about the staff is right there to help. Thanks for a wonderful time and the bottle of champagne for dinner. Cannot wait to come back.

2  Thank Icehook
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your honeymoon at the Pier House and that we met your expectations. We look forward to servicing you and please call our in house reservations team for any questions. As you know we also have a conceirge on staff to assist you with offsite activities. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Key West.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have been staying at the Pierhouse twice a year, May and October for the last 12 years. It has always felt like returning home every time we returned. We have always recommended the Pierhouse to people as a great place to stay and will do so in the future, but for us it is time for a change. The staff has always been great, Janine and Merri at the beachbar always do a great job, the beach attendants are always right there to get chairs and towels and keep the beach clean, especially with the seagrass. Since the new company took over they have done a lot of cosmetic upgrades, which are very nice. We have stayed in room 189 since the first time we stayed and have always requested while booking. Apparently there is an inside joke with prior guests that say just don't room 187 me, we'll we got 187'd.This room was the worst room we have ever stayed in.The noise from the front lobby door all the way through the hallway from guest and the luggage cart is jarring, and from 4:30 in the afternoon til 2:30 a.m from the Chartroom dont expect any peace and quiet.We understand that rooms 187 and 189 are right next to each other but have never heard any noise at all when staying in room189. At check in we were a little surprised that we were't welcomed back as we normally have been in the past, and were also asked if we needed a map of the resort. In April before our May trip we had made our reservation for October, our friends who we have traveled with these past 12 years just booked a week ago and the rate for his room (same type of room) was quoted at about $60 a night less, which has happened another time in the past. I know this may sounds like sour grapes on our part but we are not taking a chance on having a room lkie that again .We have since canceled our reservation and rebooked elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
10  Thank sjglasslady

Terri thank you for the feedback and I apologize for the service shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have left you a message to call me at your earliest convenience so that I can go over your visit. I appreciate your business and do not want you going anywhere else. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I am very pleased to give my review of my stay at the Pier House...Arrived at 4p for our check in... we mentioned it was my birthday and I received a lovely bottle of champagne!..our room was very comfortable and nicely decorated.. the private, clean beach was great, a very attentive young man Demitri worked very hard to take great care of the hotel guests carrying beach chairs and handing out towels...the tropical grounds are beautifully landscaped...the sunset views where stunning...I can't wait to go back to KW and stay at the Pier House

Room Tip: I recommend room 303 in the Beach House
4  Thank Nancy L
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Nancy thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House. On your next visit, please visit our website for the best avaialble rate and please call our in house reservations team for any questions. They will make sure that you have the best room for you at the best price.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Amazingly this resort is located at one of the busiest parts of Key West but manages to remain secluded and peaceful. The Location is perfect for cursing around Duval or Mallory Square and offers several dinning and drinking options. Service was great, we can not wait to stay again!

Room Tip: If possible you may want to avoid the rooms located next to the bar.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Chris,

Thanks for the nice comments and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I hope you have found your new home away from home and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Key West.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Pier House Resort was the best Resort I have ever stayed at.. The Private Beach and the Views were AMAZING. Every person that works at the Resort were very friendly and very helpful... It is in a Wonderful location for Key West... We could walk everywhere, but we mostly
stayed at the Private Beach or Pool... All I can say is to try and get a Harbor View Room, it is well worth it... I would never stay anywhere else in Key West....

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbor or Ocean view room.. You can watch the sunset from you balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Betty A

Betty thank you for making the Pier House Resort and Spa your preferred hotel and resort in Key West. I am glad that we met all ot your expectations and please visit our website for a full listing of all of our room types. We have one for every family configuration. There are beautiful townhomes on the gulf with two bedrooms and three baths for large families and a nice 450 square foot room overlooking the golf for the intimate couple. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The staff was wonderful and very helpful! The room was beautiful! I would highly recommend and would visit again. They were able to upgrade our room for no wait. The pool and beach were great with live music.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank asalinas88
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Pier House. I look forward to seeing you soon and on your next visit please try our restaurant, One Duval. It has a great variety of entrees that appeals to many palates.