Pier House Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,481 results
All reviewsbeach barprivate beachchart roomlanai roomdockside suitemallory squareend of duval streetturtle pondperfect locationgarden viewlarge balconybars and restaurantswatch the sunsetgreat resorttrip to key westwalking distance to everythingfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We found the perfect Keys hotel for us at the Pier House. We have just returned from a weeks long vacation in the Keys, and by far, this resort was a highlight. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Lots of positives.
- The people! All were in great spirits and truly made you feel that you were #1. The staff working the beach area were fantastic. Housekeeping staff were super as well. Thanks!
- The accommodations were great. Our room was a suite with ample space, good quality furnishings, and well decorated.
- The resort met our expectations of what a Key West vacation should feel like. First class, but had that edge of being laid back and care free. Perfect of us. Our teenage kids just adored the place.
- Perfect location in Key West. Close to everything, yet you can get away and relax.
- Beautiful grounds. The same sunset views as Mallory Square, but not crowded.
- The morning breakfast was very good, and priced well.

I usually offer some areas for improvement, but I really have none. And no resort fee!!

Thanks for a great stay. We hope to return soon!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank haymor_w
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and for staying at the Pier House. I am glad that we were able to make the Pier House your hotel of choice when visiting Key West. Please take the opportunity to visit our website as we have the best available rates published there as well as the latest promotions. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I reserved a Ocean View Suite with Balcony. What I got was a small Ocean View Loft (not even on their website) with steep circle stairs going to the bedroom. So, had to leave suitcases in living room and hang everything in the closet (no drawers). Tiny room. Balcony so small you had to step over chairs to sit down. We are in our 60's so going up/down the stairs not easy especially at night. Complained next day, and they moved me to what I originally reserved (but offered no financial credit for giving me wrong room), and I couldn't get into the new room until late afternoon - so out of room use for all of the day. No credit given for that either. They said I could use my old room if I liked, but all my stuff was now re-packed for the move, so offer was useless. I liked the new room, but bed still hard as a rock. Rained really hard that night, and all the ocean view windows and doors leaked and I nearly broke my neck slipping on the floor the next morning. All my papers and purse sitting on the counter were soaked. Not worth $500 a night and I would never stay there again. And, I've never written a bad review on any hotel before...so this was not a happy experience for me.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first before you let them take your luggage. Front desk people seem to have no authority, and manager not at all visible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sarah M
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I would like to apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. The room that you reserved is the room that that falls under the room category that you booked. There are many people that enjoy the spiral staircase. We did understand that this was a room that you did not like and we took the opportunity to upgrade you to a luxury suite. My apologies about your papers getting wet and please call me so that I can discuss your stay further. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was my 7th stay n it just keeps getting better grounds get prettier n the staff get more helpful
Rooms are always ready and clean ( thanks for the retuning guests gifts )
And of course any mention of the pier house would be incomplete with a shout out to the great bartenders at the chart room (we will be missing jj )
N the chance to meet n hang with some of people that make key west such a great place !!!!

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your nice comments and I will share with the team. I hope you enjoyed your repeat guest gift. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Be prepared to pay a bit more during fantasy fest, but it is well worth it. (So do all the resorts during special events.) We have experienced most of the room types, over the last 10 years. The "Hemingway"
Suite has a red "claw" tub & huge terrace. But even the "economy" rooms cover all your needs. The pool & beach are topless optional, during this period in October. The management & service is top notch. Moonlight swims are a must. Pier House security keeps the other "crazys" out, so your fun is exclusive. Don't miss the small intimate bar next to the front desk walkway...great times...real key west there! Beautiful views & gardens & the spa & spa suites are outstanding. Oh, hot tubs...find out for yourself...Enjoy

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Vegasrolls

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the resort. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this great hotel. My wife and I found the grounds, location, pool and service to be outstanding. We checked in late Friday night and discovered our room was located next to the Chart Room Bar, not what we expected at all. Spoke with the late night staff and by morning had been moved to a second story room with a beautiful view of the grounds. This typified all our interaction with every employee there. Every person made us feel like we were the customer, important to them. Our room and balcony were excellent and well appointed and maintained. One comment about an abnormally loud air conditioner but otherwise it was everything we wanted. Would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. The A/C units are being replaced and engineering will be inspecting your room. Thank you again and I hope to see you soon during the summer months. Visit our website as we have some great promos.