“The Pier House is the perfect place in Key West”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our third stay at The Pier House and it just feels like home. The hotel has recently had a management change but it is great to see so many of our friends from prior visits still working there. The staff at all levels really care about the guests and the property and do everything possible to make sure that you enjoy your stay.

3  Thank KnoxTravler
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

I am glad that we met your expectations again at the Pier House and I look forward to your next visit . We have a lot of new changes that I am sure that you are going to enjoy. Thank you for your business and I look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Pier House Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 1, 2014

At $20 a night for self parking, it's a good deal for Key West. The rooms are small, but comfortable, and worth the price only if you have an ocean view terrace. Even though little crime in Key West, still felt that anyone walking through the parking lot could come up to any hotel room door which are all out to the open parking lot. Location is great for walking, but the location is at the tacky end of Duval Street. Lovely outdoor dining terrace right on the water where you can pick up a free cup of coffee in the morning, but did not eat any meals there. Too many absolutely fabulous restaurants in town.

3  Thank ilonajane

Thank you for your survey and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the resort. On your next visit please try our restaurant, Harbour View Cafe, as it has a great variety of entrees to select form. Visit our website to review the menu.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

After carefully searching for places to stay in Key West, glad we chose Pier House Resort and Spa. The Moment we arrived, greeted with proffesionalism. Entire front line staff at various levels of service positions, do a wonderful job making you feel welcome and provide a great experience for guests. At this hotel, you are in the action, with ability to walk to everything you could possibly need and want including: shopping, dining and local attractions. Stayed in a Lanai Room, looking onto beautiful landscaped tropical garden. Resort offers a pool (heated to a comfortable temperature), spa and also small beach area with attendants. Considering the time of year (busiest), hotel was quiet at night and once off Duval, one can hardly believe how close you can be to all the action, yet seclusion and serenity is provided on resort! Pier House was recently purchased and is under new management, would make a few constructive suggestions: change out existing air conditioning units, in order that fan unit does not need to blow constantly while on, addition of microwave to room. With addition of these details, Pier House would be hard to beat in Key West!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank bestfamilyadventures

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you took advantage of many of the great amenities of the Pier House Resort and Spa. In regards to the A/C units, we do have a detailed preventative maintenance program that replaces any loud units. Thank you again and i look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

During the check in while I can still change my mind about going to a different hotel the manager at the counter told me our breakfast was included. Next morning I found out it was a lie. In addition to how bad the hotel treat his guest, that same night a thief walk inside the property and took a pair of new Lacoste swede shoes I left a few feet from me while taking a short walk by the restaurant private beech. Security personnel saw the thief leaving the property however the hotel did not take responsibility for the theft and told me I had to deal with replacing the shoes on my own.
I do not recommend to anyone to stay at this place.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel in Key West.
4  Thank Joe A
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

I want to apologize for the loss of your shoes but as my manager indicated to you we are not responsible for you misplacing your shoes. We both know that no one from the hotel saw your shoes being taken. Also, your survey is being disputed with Trip Advisor as you indicated to us while you were here that you would be writing a poor review if we didn't compensate you for your shoes. If you would like to discuss your incident further please feel free to call me.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to splurge on a few nights in key west and found the pier house online. For the price, we expected every room to be amazing but that wasn't the case actually. We arrived at our first room and it was tiny with no view so we ended up upgrading to ocean view room which I HIGHLY recommend doing.. You honestly can't beat the view. The room was so nice that we actually spent as much time in there as possible. The beach bar was great.. You can watch the sunset from the hotel which was worth every penny of not having a million around you like you would at Mallory square. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this place! It's expensive but well worth it, I promise. If you're looking for an unforgettable place to stay, this is place the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank AFtraveler1

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that we met your expectations and you were able to take advantage of some of the resort's many amenities. As you mentioned, the Beach Bar is one of our guest favorite places to relax. Our servers will service you on the beach or at the bar as you listen to some of the best musicians in Key West. Thank you again and please return soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

First time to Key West & based on other reviews called the Pier House directly. With only one room left I booked it immediately. Very happy with our choice. Room was clean, all staff was willing to help with our stay. Beach was private, bar was so nice, music at night not obnoxious. Room was quiet, location was great, what more could you ask for?

2  Thank Marge G

Thank you again for selecting the Pier House as your hotel of choice. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and I hope on your next visit you try our Chart Room bar. It is located off the lobby and is one the biggest iconic bars in Key West. Call the hotel directly for your next booking and ask about the Chart Room history.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have returned to the Pier House several times as it is our favorite place to stay. The front desk is always a breeze and usually allows an early check in. The rooms are comfortable and the grounds are well tended. The beach / pool bar always does it's job and the staff is a pleasure to be around. Small private beach is a plus and the on site dining options are great.

Room Tip: Harbor front or the direct gulf front rooms are outstanding.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your business and loyalty and for making the Pier House Resort and Spa the hotel of choice in Key West. I hope I get the opportunity to meet you on your next visit to the Pier House.