“Can't say enough about how great this place is!!”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Pier House Resort and Spa is definitely the place to stay if going to Key West. The rooms are all modern, upgraded and beautiful! The linens on the bed were so soft. Even though you are in walking distance to Duval Street it is still very quiet at night whereas you can't hear the nightlife. The pool is absolutely gorgeous! The staff was friendly and ready to accomodate any of our needs! The food was exceptional. I would highly recommend a stay at this resort. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BICouple T
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Key West and took advantage of all of the benefits with staying at the Pier House. On your next visit please stop by our famous Chart Room Bar located off the lobby. Thank you for your business and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Pier House Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our second stay at the Pier House. Everything was perfect. We were greeted at the front desk like an old friend and immediately felt at home. Even though our luggage was 12 hours behind us Mike (front desk) made sure we had whatever we needed. The second floor Harbour View room was amazing. Tasteful caribbean decor, a large balcony, and a priceless view of the Key West sunset. The bathroom is a little small but the shelves for storing toiletries frees up space on the vanity. Maid service was consistent and the room was always clean.
The private beach and pool area have attentive bar/food service. The beach is small but well kept. The attendants make sure you have whatever you need.The beach bar has a full menu and the food was great! Try the grilled shrimp and strawberry salad. I believe the Pier House conch fritters are the best I've ever had,
In our 30 years of traveling to Key West the Pier House and their staff made this trip one of our most memorable visits.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are worth the additional cost. Beautiful sunsets!
2  Thank HobieMeow

Thank you for your business and for making the Pier House Resort and Spa your new home in Key West. On your next visit please visit our website as the best available rates and promotions will be found there. Also, we can assist in planning your stay on your next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I like strong drinks at the bar, great food at the pool, great service and laid back attitudes. I don't care for the corporate feel that you get at The Casa Marina. I also like that Pier House is close enough to Duval street that you can walk, but not hear it from your room. There is a CVS right across the street, so that when the airline loses your luggage, which always happens on my flight to Key West, you take a taxi to the Pier House, walk across the street and buy the entire store. I read some reviews about noise from the hot tub. We were right above it and heard nothing. Also saw two chicks kissing on the private beach. Who doesn't like that?

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Dean B

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. If your luggage is ever lost in the future, please contact the concierge who will contact the airline to ensure that your luggage is returned and assist you with the needed amenities in the interim. Thank you for your business and making the Pier House your new home.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 4 night stay here at Pier House Resort. The staff were the most courteous we have ever encountered from the front desk,doorman, concierge, bartenders, food servers and beach attendents, EVERYONE! Loved the location, recommend a balcony room (harbor view). Loved the fact that you are steps away from Duval street,everything you want to do is in close walking distance. We didn't need a cab till we were heading back to the airport! We are definitely coming back! This was our first time to Key West to stay for a week, have visited on several day trips while on cruises, had a blast!

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms with balcony
3  Thank donnatanner3301

Thank you for letting my team take care of you on your anniversary and making the Pier House Resort and Spa your new home in Key West. I am glad you experienced it's great location and accommodating staff. I always encourage all of my guest to visit the Pier House website as you will always find the best available rates. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the Pier House Resort and Spa.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have to say that 90% of the customers will love this hotel, its location! Its rooms! The pool! I was amazed by the updated room and the sitting area and king sized bed and balcony with seating. We thought the staff was friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed an afternoon at the pool with drinks served to us with wonderful staff, nice touches to enjoy a holiday. Now I personally would never stay there again, the reason being is the noise, noise, noise. We had to get up at 4:45 a.m. to get to Key West on time, so by 9 p.m. after a wonderful day in Key West we just wanted to sleep, but the great location comes with the downside of being close to bars, we were a few steps away from a patio bar, not connected to the hotel, with live music, sleeping was difficult. I was also dismayed to find a recent room renovation was so worn down, with scratched bamboo floors and missing grout in the bathroom and dings in the furniture.

5  Thank Judi H

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I understand your concern with the evening live music and wanted to share with you that live music at the patio bar has been discountinued. Also, there are a few rooms that have bammboo flooring and are currently being refinished. Please call me directly to discuss your furniture concerns. I look forward to your call and making the Pier House your new home.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was our 5th or 6th stay at Pier House. We return for all the obvious reasons. Great location, great rooms, great staff etc. etc. This trip we went for our 25th wedding anniversary. The hotel was great and gave us an upgraded room with a water view. They even sent us a bottle of Champagne. The concierge had our bikes ready when we arrived. Everything was almost perfect.

The problems. I am not sure if it was just the room we had but the bed on one side seemed significantly harder than the other side. Also the pillows were stiff. The reason we know one side was stiffer than the other is that the A/C in the room made so much noise and blew on my wife that we had to switch sides. Between the A/C, the bed and the pillows we did not get alot of really good nights sleep.

This last issue is minor but something that I really wish they would look in to. UMBRELLA'S. I love to sit by the pool or at the beach area but hate the direct sun. My irish skin can't handle it. The only options are to try and find a spot by the pool with some shade or sit under the hotel section by the pool. Some umbrella's would be awesome.

This is still our go to place for Key West but some memory foam pillows, quieter A/C, and umbrella's would make this about as perfect as you could get.

4  Thank rpalazzi

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. All of the pillows have been replaced in the guest rooms and we provide a spair feather pillow in the closet. I am looking into umbrellas for our guest to make your beach and pool experience more enjoyable. Thank you for business and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spent our 25th wedding anniversary there this month. A beautiful property close to everything. Enjoyed the harbor view room totally worth the price. They sent up free champaigne for our ann. Awesome

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank kodasmom
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your feedback. On your next visit, call the resort directly and my team will help plan your trip to Key West. I look forward to meeting you on your next adventure at the Pier House Resort and Spa.