“Absolutely Perfect Stay”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have just returned from a 5-night stay at Pier House while in Key West for a wedding, and we would NOT have been happier with every aspect of the visit. Our room was very clean, spacious, and had a constant supply of very hot water for showers throughout the entire time we were there. There was an ice machine located immediately outside of our room which was great, and the luxurious pool and hot tub were thirty seconds away, which was very convenient and enjoyable. The room had a mini refrigerator for storing leftovers from dinners out and keeping cold beverages for when we came in from the midday heat.

The bar services were a little pricey, yet competitive with nearby bars. There was excellent food service at the pool as well, a waiter was constantly walking around making sure everyone was happy and attended to while relaxing. Pier House also provides guests with towel service and lounge chairs to use on their clean, private beach. Absolutely lovely, all of it. Never have had a better stay a large resort. Great location as well, and within walking distance to popular bars, restaurants, piers, and the nightly Sunset Festival.

The only complaint we had from the entire week was that our pillows were too new (sounds like a crazy problem, I know), we woke up often with stiff necks from the pillows being a bit too firm.

4  Thank aswarren
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. On your nexr visit please try our famous Chart Room Bar located off the lobby. Although all of the pillows are new we do have feather pillows available upon request as well as an extra king pillow in the closet. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Pier House Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My daughter just got married at Key West, and we chose the Pier house for the reception, and boy, are we glad we did!! The staff were exceptional. You see, it rained on her wedding day, so she could not get married on the beach. With just one phone call, the Pier house graciously allowed us to have our wedding there. We were already booked there for the reception, but the staff still had to move all the tables and allow our wedding crew to get everything set up, in literally a half an hour.)They moved our entire party into a covered area, and worked quickly with "weddings to go" to get everything in place. (This all took place within 30 minutes).
From the beginning to the end, the food was exceptional, service impeccable, and the price very competitive. If you are looking to do a worry free event, look no further. I am just amazed at how wonderful this resort is !!

2  Thank looavullady

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I'm glad you were able to experience our exceptional guest service first hand. My team takes pride in making a guest stay memorable. On your next visit please book through our website as we always offer the lowest available rate through our website. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Pier House is a true Paradise. The property is always spotless and the rooms are always so clean and fresh. The staff is wonderful and polite from check in, to the bars to the cleaning staff. What more could you want? You have a private beach, pool, hot tub and walking distance to everything around and breath taking views of the ocean and gulf. The food is always great too!! Is a must!!!

7  Thank CWMH
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort ans Spa. I am glad you were able to experience all of the great benefits for staying at the Pier House. On your next visit please inquire about some of the great services of our Spa. We have the only full service Spa in Key West with professional seasoned therapist. Visit our website for more details. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Key West.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were in a room just outside of the lobby which was about 50 feet from the bar. Let me tell you, at night they know how to party. It might be fun if you were out there partying with them but when you're trying to get a little sleep, it's no fun getting awakened at 2:00am by all the hooting, hollering and screaming! This happened on two of the three nights we were there. Our room had 2 double beds and a shared patio with 2 other rooms. The bathroom with a walk-in shower was huge and really appreciated. There was only one chair in the room ( a desk chair) so we had to lay on the bed to watch TV. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the location is great - close to everything.

Room Tip: Don't stay too close to the bar unless you enjoy being up till the wee hours!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jet Gal

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I want to apologize for the noise disturbance that occured during your stay. I will be reviewing our procedures with our overnight security. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This review is a little late, I stayed at the Pier House in December 2012 as part of a girls weekend. I had been to Key West before however this was my first stay at the Pier House. The location could not be beat. It was very close to all the bars and resturants on Duvall Street, however, you could not hear any of the noise from outside. The views from the beach of the water were just beautiful.

Our room was on the first floor, it was just the standard room which was fine as we only spent time in the room to sleep and shower. The room was very clean and no bugs (I had read reviews on Trip Advisor that mentioned bugs, and that did freak me out a bit, but I did not see any thankfully). The bed was comfortable and was cleaned each day. There was a patio, but we were never in the room long enough to go out onto it. The bathroom was nice, however, the shower leaked. I think one of us called the front desk, but I don't remember. In any case, we just left a towel there when we showered to soak up the water. I have seen this mentioned in other reviews, so the hotel really should look into this. I would not stay in a first floor room again if given the choice. We were close to the main lobby and with the hard tile floors, we heard everything going on outside our room, so that was a little annoying when trying to sleep.

The grounds of the hotel were beautiful! The tropical foliage was really pretty and well maintained. We did not use the pool because of the great little beach at the resort. We loved the beach! The attendants at the beach were very nice, putting out lounge chairs and providing towels for us. I also loved that there was a beach bar that we could order lunch and drinks from without having to leave our lounge chairs. The food was surprisingly good! Normally I don't like hotel food, but the 3 lunches I had beachside during our stay, were all excellent. The drinks were also very good!

The service at the hotel was good. We had a late flight home and the front desk staff stored our luggage and also gave us passes to use the showers at the spa so that we could enjoy our last day at the beach. The staff at the beach and beach bar were great!

All in all, I would definitely recommend Pier House to anyone wanting to spend a nice vacation at a nice hotel in the best location on Key West! I hope to be back someday soon!

Room Tip: Try not to stay in a first floor room near the main lobby if you are a light sleeper. The tile floor...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank nikki10513

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I will be looking into the shower leak as this has been mentioned. Thank you for your business and please visit our website before you book your next trip to Key West as we will always have the best a available rate on our website. Also, any promotions will be found on our website. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We finally got back to Key West after a LONG year away and this place did not disappoint!! What a beautiful hotel! It's got it's own private beach and is steps from all the fun going on. We were there July 4th weekend so it was crowded, but once we got back to our hotel it was quiet and relaxing. Rooms were nice and even though we had a "standard" room it still had a great view and was close to everything. We stayed at ocean Key last year which is right across the street and the prices were better here and I actually liked it better too!! The pool was great with servers there to quench your thirst. The chart house is another great late night hang out. It's a great place to come to for a night cap before bed! We will be back here!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this place!
1  Thank Alejandra J
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am happy you took advantage of our great location and all of the amenities the Pier House provides. On your next visit please try our Harbor View restaurant as it provides great fresh seafood offerings. i look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was at the Pier House for 2 nights in February 2013. It was my first time in Key West but certainly won't be my last (I'm already booked at the Pier House for next year!). I could not ask for a better location. The hotel grounds were beautiful, we had a rental with us but it wasn't necessary while in Key West as everything was outside our door. If you get outside early enough, there is a very small but lovely beach at the back of the hotel, grab a lounge chair and enjoy, it fills up quick. We stayed in a Spa room and while well appointed and with a bathroom to die for, this building was on the opposite side of the property, past the parking lot, so you mostly had a view of parked cars. I also had a massage at the spa while here and enjoyed it very much. Great staff throughout the resort and spa, nice, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tee1025

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Pier House Resort and Spa. As you mentioned, our location is great and our tropical gardens are some of the finest in Key West. My team prides it self in customer service and I am happy that they exceeded your expectations. On your next visit, please book through our website as you will always find the best available rate. Also, any promotions are only found on our website. Thank you again for your business and I look forward to your next visit.