“Ahhhh!!!!!”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed June 19, 2013

One of my co-workers reccommended the Pier House and I am glad she did. We had a large room in the Carribean Spa building. It was very quiet; we felt like we were the only people in the whole building. We spent a lot of time on the beach in our lounge chairs sipping rum punch and eating fried calamari. The Pier House was in the perfect location. Right smack dab in the middle of all the action. Lee DeForrest, the concierge, made all of our excurison and dinner reservations. A great service and agreat appreciated. Pier House is the perfect place to stay in Key West.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am thrilled my team was able to make your vacation enjoyable and I hope to see you again soon.

Joe Dantoni

Write a ReviewReviews (2,408)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This resort is in the middle of all the action. Walk Duval Street, close to Mallory Square, shops and restaurants. Several blocks to Southern Most Point, but walkable. Pricey but worth it. We parked the car for two days and just walked everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Victoria S

Thank you for your kind words and for making the Pier House Resort and Spa your vacation getaway. I am happy you experienced our great location. You our steps away from the hussle and bussle of Duval but can come back to the quitness of the Pier House. Thank you for your business and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The main advantage that the Pier House has over other hotels is its prime location. 1 Duval Street. You are in the heart of the action in Key West. Our room was clean and the staff was friendly. There is a small private beach with drink service. Nice pool with a hot tub, a spa, and restaurants and pubs. If you are in Key West, however, the whole experience is to wander Duval St. and go to the many outlandish establishments so we did not eat at the hotel. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. My one complaint was that, when we checked in, we were informed that there was a $20/day parking fee. We booked our room online and there was no mention of a parking fee on the web site. Ironically, in the room, the guest book boasted of complimentary parking. We were informed that the fee began on June 1. When I asked why we were not appraised of this, I received a shrug. We had no recourse - that did not make me happy in one bit.

Room Tip: Do not get a first floor room or one near an ice machine or elevator. The elevator and ice machine...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our great location and services. I am sorry about your experince with your parking charge, the situation could have been handled better. Thank you again for your business and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

A four star hotel which is very much in reach of the fifth star. The staff welcomed us promptly, efficiently and with courtesy. Free pakring and all spaces are close to one's room/building. The rooms were clean, cheery (a mix of old and contemporary Key West), and very comfortable. The beach area (small in general, but not crowded whatsoever during our three-day stay, is a nice touch which only a few properties can offer. It is only one of about 4 properties ideally and conveniently located; guests can walk to most of the attractions, including the famed Duval Street where restaurants, bars, shops, etc abound. This is THEE place to stay when visiting Key West.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a room with a view of the Gulf
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words and I am happy you enjoyed your stay at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad you experienced our great service and location and hope to see you soon at the Pier House.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is our 2nd stay. Private beach, excellent service and very comfortable room, and clean. We just love this place. It is perfect for couples.
You have all you need in the area, and you can walk to it all.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your business and I am glad your second visit was just as good as your first trip. The Pier House Resort and Spa prides itself on great customer service and I look forward to meeting you on your third visit to the Pier House.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Excellent stay. Location is awesome. Parked the rental car and walked the whole time. Stayed in a Harbor Loft Room. Great view but I think if I went again I would just get a regular Harbor view room. The spiral staircase getting to the bed room seemed like wasted effort. No better view of the water from the top. All in all I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you enjoyed some of the great views at the Pier House. On your next visit please visit our famous Chart Room bar and I hope to see you soon at the Pier House Resort and Spa.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a group of 14 and we were all very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms, the quality of the restaurant food, & the friendliness of the hotel staff, especially the front-desk managers and lobby attendants. All requests were honored with a smile. The pool and private beach were always sparkling clean & the grounds immaculate. We would definitely book again. Suenell

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends