“Pier House again”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
“Pier House again”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my sixth stay at the Pier House, and my third with my wife. Whenever we need a quick getaway, the Pier House is always on the top of our list. Service is great. The entire staff is so eager to help. We always make new friends on the beach or by the pool. The $5 landsharks always help with that. The concierge helps set up whatever tour you need or answer any questions you have. The location can't be beat and the food is great. I would highly recommend the Pier House to anyone looking to have a relaxing Key West vacation.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank finch39

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Hungarian first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Pier House April 9. We were in Room 172. The Pier House is in a wonderful location - very centrally located so that you can walk to pretty much anything you want to do. We did have breakfast at the Harbor View Café and the food was ok- service was slow. We were in Florida and New york traveling for about three weeks, and this was by far the most expensive place we stayed and the worst. The people that checked us in were polite but not to expect much more. The A/C unit was quite loud - making a good night sleep hard to come by.The room felt dirty. I didn't feel I could walk around in my bare feet at all. The room had a musty smell that was hard to put up with. The other hotels we stayed in while we traveled were all immaculate and so much nicer than this place and......cheaper. I feel that it is not unreasonable to expect a better quality when you are supposedly staying at a top rated hotel. I will definitely return to Key West but I will definitely not stay here.

3 Thank Carlita08
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great staff -- very friendly -- everybody, from the folks at the front desk, to the groundskeepers. Property well maintained, and the location cannot be beat. Wonderful pool area, and outside bar. The only questionable item -- tile floors in the guest room needed a good cleaning. Everything else was immaculate.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, spend a few more dollars a reserve a room overlooking the water with the balco...
1 Thank st-pete-sunny
Maryland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just got back from a three night stay at the Pier House with my husband and had a great time. Check-in was fast and efficient. We asked for a room in a quiet area and while they said they couldn't guarantee quiet (no kidding) that we were assigned to an area that is usually quiet. We were in room 294, overlooking Duval but it was actually very quiet. I'm a light sleeper and it was quiet enough for me. The room was nice, although we prefer a king but since we didn't want to pay the rate for a suite, we had 2 queen beds. They could have easily had one king bed in this room but they force you into a suite if you want a king. That's one of the few things we didn't like about Pier House and why it's not a five on the scale.
The room has all the amenities we like, mini-fridge, lighted magnifying make-up mirror, nice sized bathroom, efficient A/C, nice balcony plus it was very clean and I'm pretty picky. No mini-bar but with three bars in the hotel and Duval Street right there, who needs it?
Location is as good as other reviewers state, perfect for Duval, Mallory Square, etc.
We also agree with previous reviews about the beach -- small but very nice with a beautiful view, good service from the cabana bellhop and beach servers as well as at the Harborview Cafe staff for breakfast.
We would definitely recommend it to friends and family and would stay here again, as long as we could get a room on the second floor or we might spring for a harbor view room since they looked to have a spectacular view.

1 Thank kellyonthego905
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Yes, Peir House has the best location for Duval st, Mallory Sq. and the Marina. 1st night stayed in their tradional room 182, was noisey as it was in a common area where people walked to and from the bar's and resturants and rooms, also the room was very small and the shower leaked terribly. Then stayed for 3 nights in a harbourview room, patio was huge, view was breathtaking, bathroom spacious with all the amenities, room was large, beds were squeaky beacuse the mattress's were on a board screwed to the side board. Check-in and check-out was very efficient, consierge service was very informative and friendly. Although the hotel staff was very professional it lacked the personal touch. I had noted in the itinerary/booking twice that it was my friend's 69th birthday and nothing was mentioned, no effort was made. Although professional service was given, personal service was lacking.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms on the 4th floor are by far, the best way to go for a relaxing sunrise and sunset...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chaletswiss
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We took our little one to the Keys for spring break... Stayed In the corner glass rooms...so amazing and relaxing... Glass from floor to ceiling with wrap around terrace... You literally feel like you can jump on the jet skis and swim with the dolphins... We enjoyed all the party boats coming and going Room was clean and contemporary and had separate bedroom and living area..we could put little one down and have cocktails.. staff super friendly , had wifi, refrigerator...and the beach had nice sand perfect...little pier to swim and hang out on. Felt very comfortable with little one even though more of an adult environment in the keys.... . Semi private adult beach as well.. Liked location. Walk out your door and you are in the mIddle of Duvall street. Walk back in hotel and you are at a quiet hideout...

Room Tip: Corner room glass ask for one facing hotel side rather than the restaurant side. This way you get t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank beachbum2626
N. Syracuse
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Pier House for 3 nights April 1,2 and 3. We were in Room 122. The Pier House is in a wonderful location - very centrally located so that you can walk to pretty much anything you want to do. We did eat one night at the Harbor View Café and the food was good - service fine. We also had drinks one night in the Chart Room which was nice as well. The person tending bar was very pleasant. That is where the niceties ended. We were in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina traveling for about three weeks, and this was by far the most expensive place we stayed and the worst. The people that checked us in were quite nice. However, when I complained about the fact that our room was not made up at all the second day of our stay it was as if the staff could care less. The A/C unit was quite loud - making a good nights sleep hard to come by. When I tried to sit on our small deck one morning the birds were almost dive bombing the canvass that covered the deck - putting holes in it. It was so bad that I had to go in. The room always felt dirty. I didn't feel I could walk around in my bare feet at all as the floor never felt like it was really clean. The room had a musty smell that was hard to put up with. I normally will put up with a lot - as I did here - and do not often say anything. After reading some of the other reviews that reinforced the same problems I had, I am very sorry that I did not do anything when we were there. This place was recommended by my travel agent and I will definitely make sure she is aware of the issues. The other hotels we stayed in while we traveled were all immaculate and so much nicer than this place and were at least $150 a night cheaper. I feel that it is not unreasonable to expect a better quality when you are supposedly staying (or at least according to what we paid for our room) at a top rated hotel. I will definitely return to Key West but I will definitely not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all
6 Thank Susan V
PierHouseManagement, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for the review and taking time to share your experience. We value your feedback as an opportunity to continually identify issues and improve our service. We are disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations and will be sharing your review with the appropriate departments.