“Breath taking views”

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Georgetown, Ohio
“Breath taking views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We will definitely be booking with The Pier House again. Wonderful views, private beach, indoor and outdoor bars, consierge services were wonderul as was all the staff. Room are clean and smell clean! Bathroom clean, shower was absolutely wonderful, awesome water pressure.

Can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: The harbour room offer excellent views of the water and activity on the water, excellent!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cofranreviews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Hungarian first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here during Spring Break for a business meeting. I was apprehensive going in...spring break on Duval Street? How will we get any work done? But it was perfect. I read the other reviews. And I can understand the people who were disappointed with their parking lot view. We were fortunate to have a harbour view room and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! This is not a luxury hotel and spa, but it is very nice. The bed was comfortable. There were two chairs in the room in addition to the desk chair and the two great chairs on the balcony. The bathroom is small but well appointed with a great roomy walk in shower stall and plenty of nice towels.

Back to spring break....even though there was a perpetual party going on just a couple of blocks away, the hotel was quiet and secure. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. The beach is tiny, but exclusive for hotel guests. And I thought the prices for room service breakfast were some of the most reasonable I've ever seen. And it was delivered fairly quickly. Be warned, room service is not 24 hours, but there is an in-room fridge and a CVS right across the street.

I would stay here again if I ever go back to Key West, but I would definitely ask for a Habour View room. It would be worth the extra money for the best water view on the island.

Room Tip: Any room with a water view will be great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingAg80
Eastlake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed at The Pier House for a week from 2/23 - 3/3. It truly was a pleasure to stay here. All the staff are absolutely the friendliest and most helpful Ive ever come across. We had a second floor Lanai room & it was gorgeous. Our room was cleaned to perfection every single day & we were given a full set of clean towels daily. Never saw any ants or other types of crawling critters that did not belong. The beach is beautiful, very relaxing. Loved the drinks brought to you while you are relaxing in a beach chair. They will set up your beach chair where ever you want it to be. Joanie the bartender at the pool bar is fantastic, as were all the others but do not recall their names. We had breakfast here also & it was a gorgeous view over the ocean. Also very convenient to walk to anywhere else in Key West. This resort is beautiful with all the tropical foilage and I loved the turtle pond. We had no problem with noise from the air conditioner or any noise at all. The beds were super comfortable and the rain shower is amazing!
I truly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again without hesitation. I wish I was back there!

Room Tip: Choose a Lanai room, great view off the balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nmblover08
PierHouseManagement, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for writing this wonderful review about the resort. We are pleased to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Key West.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently and enjoyed the resort. The location is great-steps away from Duval and Sunset Pier-and has a nice private beach. The concierge was helpful and recommended a couple of fabulous sails. The staff was friendly and accommodated our request for a late check out. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brian J
Hi Brian,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the resort. We're happy to see that you were pleased with our location and enjoyed the beach. We'll share your kind comments with the concierge and staff.
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went for my husband's birthday with family and it was a terrible experience from beginning to end. The manager and staff are obviously use to one time visitors and have no consideration or concern for customer service. Even my 15 year old daughter asked me the name of the hotel so she can tell her friends NEVER to stay there. She was shocked at the way the manager and staff weren't concerned of the parking lot view they gave us for $500.00 a night. They messed up all our dinner reservations and didn't care that it was her dads birthday. OBVIOUSLY no one there cares to help a family and the room was dirty and no turn down service.UNBELIVABLE. The worst hotel experience EVER> mike the night shift guy useless

Room Tip: don't stay there.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank lissette g
PierHouseManagement, Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
It is a shame that you did not enjoy your stay with us during your visit to Key West. We have investigated your assertion that a member of our staff is “useless”. We have also looked into the events as you have described them. In neither case are we able to concur with your observations.
Bronx, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel was better than I expected! We had a spa room on the second floor & it was spacious, clean, & inviting. I loved the bamboo floor & french doors, & the bathroom is also nice. The only thing I didn't like were the pillows. The staff was very helpful & polite. The grounds are well taken care of. The beach & pool area is a nice feature, but we went to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park for swimming & beach instead. We will definitely come back. I recommend it to first time Key West visitors since it's a convenient walk to all the action on Duval & Mallory Square.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ellalexis
Moscow Mills, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My three girlfriends and I went for a long weekend Feb. 2013 and were absolutely delighted with our stay. We have been doing this for the last five years at various locations in our home state, but we decided to treat ourselves to Key West this year. I had been before on two separate occasions and been in love with it since day one. This time was even better than the two before, largely due to this fabulous resort. I have never been anywhere that made me feel like a "princess" or a celebrity before and they do this in spades!! Everything from the staff to the accommodations to the food was perfect. My friends and I are going again and we are counting the days! Thank you so much Pier House!!

Room Tip: It pays to have a ocean view room even though they are more expensive
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lej123
PierHouseManagement, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed Key West and Pier House. We love it when we get a visit from royalty:-)