We booked our reservation three months in advance. When we arrived at 3 pm on our check-in day (not a late arrival), I requested a "quiet room." After much conferring with the receptionist, we were given a room directly across from the ice maker, and located next door to the control room with some HUGE loud motor in it. The motor took up over half of our patio space, so you would never sit out there. In addition, when the mysterious motor came on, it sounded like a jet engine in our room. We returned to the front desk, and asked for ANY other room. Didn't care about the view, the location, anything. We just really need a quiet room. I was told that for an additional $140 per night, we could have a quiet room, but not at my standard rate of $339 per night. I was also told that I should have made a special request at the time of my reservation, if I wanted a quiet room. So keep that in mind. Apparently you need to request something as unique and crazy as a quiet room.
We were with 5 other couples. Three of our group got upgraded -- with no additional charge -- to ocean view rooms.
The rooms are attractive, and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are fine, except there is no bathtub, and I did not enjoy the 2-inch long centipede crawling on our shower wall.
So what's good about this place? Location location location. Great for Duval street. Also, it has a lovely, if tiny, beach, which is hard to find on key west. They beach has a terrific restaurant and bar. The servers at the pool and beach are terrific.
I'd stay again because of the location and the beach. I would just make a "special" request for a quiet room, and for no centipedes in the shower. I'm not sure whether that part requires a special request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West