I stayed at the Pier House Resort and Spa from March 31 until April 1. I usually stay at the Westin when visiting Key West, however, I decided to try something different. I booked an Oceanview room at the Pier House to my mistake. The Oceanview rooms are in a building that is terribly outdated. You first have to enter each room from the outside just like a motel. Once inside, the furniture and carpet should be replaced as both are quite worn. The air conditioner is very old as well and sits on the outside of the room. I turned the air conditioner off after 8 p.m. and heard it dripping for the rest of the night. My room was on the second floor in a building with five floors. Whenever someone went to the bathroom and flushed or whenever someone took a shower, I could hear the water running. The Oceanview really wasn't an oceanview that you'd expect to see so it's not worth the hassle of being put in an old room with a higher price may I add. The balcony was just big enough for one person to stand although they had two chairs and a small table. It was so small, you couldn't hear yourself think. I did ask on the first day if they had any Oceanview rooms without carpet as advertised and I was told "No, all of the Oceanview rooms have carpet". I slept with a chair under the door knob because of the entrance to the room being on the outside which made me afraid.
On the second day, I voiced my concerns and asked to be moved to the Spa Building. What a difference! You actually entered the rooms from the inside of the bulding! Once inside the building, the room was absolutely the most beautiful and spacious room I've seen. It was well equipped with new and updated furniture, a wooden floor, surround sound system with DVD/CD player , a fireplace, a very large balcony, and a huge hot tub/shower with a timer in the bath area which sat behind the bed. There were custom shutters on the short wall that sepearted the bed from the hot tub. You could open the shutters and see the T.V. from the hot tub/shower! The bathroom area also included double sinks. It was soooooooooo nice, I hated to leave today!
I would definitely stay there again. The front desk clerks and manager were very helpful and nice. Lisa even showed me the new room before I confirmed that I'd take it.
Again, don't pay extra for the Oceanview room. Stick to the Spa rooms in the Spa building and you will be well pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West