My husband and I visited the Pier House the week of August 20th based on Trip Advisor comments and at the advice of a car service driver we had in Florida. I must say we were not disappointed.
Key West is a very laid back place and this reflected in the Pier House. From the moment we checked in everyone was extremely welcoming.
Our room wasn't ready yet but they asked for our cell number so they could call us right away to let us know when we could get in, then offered us a place to change into our bathing suits so that we could enjoy the beach and pool.
The beach was great, very private and the waitress and chair service was very accommodating. It was very hot so we spent most of our time in the water or sitting on the floating dock. Prices at the beach bar were average and the drinks very tasty. We had breakfast at the Harborview Cafe and that was tasty too!
Our room was a second floor Lanai room. I had requested an ocean view but everything was already booked so needless to say I was a little disappointed but when we entered our room the view of the gardens and turtle pond were very nice. And contrary to other reviews our air conditioning was freezing!
If I have to make any poor comments I only have two. One was about the guests at the hotel. I do not believe Key West is a place to bring children. If you do you should realize that it is mostly visited by adults on their honeymoons, vacationing or young adults partying. That being said when 5 adults are sitting in the water talking I find it very disturbing that the only child on the beach (whom was about 8 or 9) is splashing us and swimming in circles around us while his mother suns herself and pays him no mind. I have two children and would never let them bother people trying to enjoy themselves. That complaint really has nothing to do with the hotel just a suggestion not to bring kids.
Second- A gift of wine and cheese was delivered to our room; it looked lovely and was delicious. However when we finished it the cleaning service left it in our room so we called the front desk to say ask what to do with it at 3 p.m.. They said to leave it outside of our room. At noon the next day it was still there. I found this disgusting especially with cheese on a tray in the hot temperatures (hallways are not air conditioned as they open up to the outdoors). And the cleaning ladies kept walking by it.
All in all I did love the Pier House and plan on visiting again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West