Pier House Resort & Spa
$191
$175
$330
  • Breakfast included
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$231
$175
Hotels.com
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$1,019
  • Pool
Best Western Hibiscus Motel(Key West)(Great Value!)
$218
$179
Hotwire.com
2,481 results
All reviewsbeach barprivate beachchart roomlanai roomdockside suitemallory squareend of duval streetturtle pondperfect locationgarden viewlarge balconybars and restaurantswatch the sunsetgreat resorttrip to key westwalking distance to everythingfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I just finished a 5 day stay at the Pier House. The accommodations were great. The wait staff would have been much better had they been able to properly charge meals and drinks to my room. We were there with friends and were double charged for drinks and meals. Rather than splitting the bill, they charged each room the full amount. Upon checkout, I discovered this and was told they could not access their billing system to see specifics but assured me it was correct. Manager Rob -- just said, "I'm sorry you feel that way" over and over but did nothing to correct the mistakes. Obviously they have internal issues. Either way, I would not recommend them. Usually a manager can and will help guests...not Rob --.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank LeonardBH
KFountain, Director of Sales at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

While we appreciate your kind words regarding our resort, I can find no justification for your accusations against our Guest Services Manager. Along with the Food and Beverage Director and our Controller, I have carefully reviewed all of the tickets charged to you and your friends. There is no overlap of charges to indicate we charged both room accounts with the same charges. Each ticket that was charged to your room was signed by a registered guest in the room. The same holds true for your friends’ charges. If you would like to contact me directly, I will happily review your account and forward you copies of the signed room charges.
Catherine Smiley
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Usually we stay in a different location in Key West but decided to stay "Where the action is".
We were pleasantly surprised. Wonderful beach (for key west this is a gem) with very attentive staff who ensured that towells, water and beverages were always available.

Location is perfect ..... in the heart of it all ..... and surprisingly enough...NO noise from the busy streets etc.

Room was not ready when we arrived but manager was very quick to get us into a room.

Overall we found that the luxury we traded from our previous hotel was more then compensated for by the convenience!

Would stay again

3  Thank purelycanadian
Reviewed June 4, 2012

It has been seven years since I was in Key West, a place I used to visit annually. Except for one year, I have always stayed at the Pier House. It was there I returned this May. We stayed in room 424, the one I stayed in the first time I went in 1993. It is a garden room with a small balcony where I like to sit in the morning to read or check email. Below is the lush tropical garden of the hotel, with small geckos streaking across the ground occasionally. It is secluded and open at the same time. Key West is not a place known for its beaches, but the Pier House has a small beach for its guests that opens onto the gulf. I wander down there sometimes in the early morning, get a cup of coffee from the large urn set up near the Harbor View Cafe, and watch the sun rise and the fishing boats leaving the bight. There is a white heron that used to appear at dusk, but now appears in the early morning to fish. I love that bird. It sits at the edge of the water seeking its breakfast. Now there is an iguana that seems to live in the dense foliage atop the rocks at the edge of the beach. Later in the day I might sit in the shade of a palm tree, reading and watching the guests, periodically wading out into the water to float on the ripples caused by passing boats. The Beach Cafe is close by if I want a drink or a snack. The food at the Pier House is consistently delicious. There is a pool and hot tub near by as well, but I prefer the beach when the water is warm.
The Pier House offers what no other hotel does, seclusion from the swarms of tourists crowding Duval Street, but close access (walking distance) when you venture out - to the bight for cruises, to wonderful restaurants, to shopping and galleries, and to numerous historical sites.
There is a full-service spa if you want to pamper yourself. The concierge will help with any plans you want to make. The rooms are comfortable. The Wine Galley Piano Bar has live music most nights. The Chart Room is a place where locals still gather; free rubbery hot dogs, peanuts in the shell and freshly made popcorn are offered with the drinks.
If your budget allows it, I cannot think of a single reason to stay anywhere else in Key West

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms here, some facing the gulf, some the garden, some with elevator access to higher floors. I have always stayed in a garden room on the second floor, which is my preference. The hotel can help with any questions you may have about rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank lachat
KFountain, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

What a thorough and thoughtful review you have written. We're so pleased you took the time and shared your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope your next hiatus from Pier House isn't as long:)

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed over the Memorial day weekend. We had an end room with a view of the entrance to Key West bay and Harbour. The morning view was the best and the sunsets picture perfect. The service was fantatstic. Evening dinner on the deck was a joy and pleasure. We never really had to leave for anything. The empanadas and sauce are to die for great tasting. They are so good the staff will not divulge even one ingredient. The pool is pleasant but cramped. The private beach is worth the room rate alone. Service on the beach is fantastic. Being ;near Malory square and all the activities that Key West has to offer is priceless. Work out facilities and spa are great. The wife enjoyed a facial and foot massage. Also the chart room bar is a treasure in and of itself. Very small but ever so entertaining.

Room Tip: Anything facing the Harbor is the best. Garden is lovely but a bit loud.
2  Thank Frank M
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Upon the referral to the hotel by my brother Mike, my wife and I booked the hotel for 3 nights. The Harbor View room's view from the balcony was amazing, the sunsets were breathtaking. The Manager, Rob Sheedy and his staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. We would recomend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: harbor view 4th floor would be tops.
3  Thank Alfonso S