“Terrible place to stay”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Rome, Georgia
“Terrible place to stay”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My 3 girlfriends and I stayed her for one of my friends 40th birthday. I have never been so disappointed! The room was nasty. There were ants and cockroaches. Yes, cockroaches. I can understand a bug once in a while but when you see several (one in the bathroom sink, one under the bathroom sink and one in the shower and then one scurries out from under your bed that is big enough to carry you off) you have to complain! We were offered a complimentary bottle of cheap Champagne. I don't even drink that stuff! On top of the ants and bugs, our airconditioner leaked and water stayed on our floor. We paid 350 +/night and have never been so disappointed ANYWHERE I have ever stayed. The ONLY good thing I have good to say is that it is a great location (walking distance) to everything. I hope that when they do their remodeling they are about to do that they will do some major exterminating!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank lwheeler004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Hungarian first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Pier House Resort and Spa is amazing! This place is extremely clean and provide great customer service! I have already suggested this resort to my friends and family. This was also our first time to Key West. I got married on Smathers Beach June 2, 2011. It was a small wedding, but it was wonderful! Pier house accommondated me and my Groom like we were special guest (as they seemed to do with all their guest). We plan to come back on our three year anniversary. The Pier House Resort is where we will be staying. Thank you, Pier House Resort for all your accomondations that make you stand out from all the others! The staff were patient and helpful with giving us directions to local restaurants and other places of interest. I highly reccommend this Resort!!!

Room Tip: Two Words: Get an ocean room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally R
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2011

If anyone has something bad to say about this Resort they just want to complain. My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon from August 8-12, 2011. First off we booked the traditional room and upon arrival we received a free upgrade to the Caribbean Spa Rooms. The bathroom was very clean. No carpet. Wooden floors. Flat screen TV's. Plush King size bed and sofa. The shower could fit more than 2 people, although it was only the 2 of us (honeymoon time). The hotel was very quite and relaxing. The private beach was small but very clean and was not over crowded. I went to the beach early in the AM and late afternoon and had no problems finding a space to sit down. The hotel provides beach towels for you as well. Room Service was fast and accurate. The only reason why I did not give it 5 stars is because it is very expensive to eat at the resort, so take some time to venture out. I will not stay anywhere else when I go back. Oh and the view of the sunset was beautiful.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view or Caribbean spa room
MD
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Pier House is a very nice hotel with an excellent location. Just steps from Mallory Square and Duval Street so you don't need a car. We walked everywhere --- even to 2 restaurants that were at the other end of Duval in very residential neighborhoods. The private beach is great, and the food in the hotel restaurants was very good too.

1 Thank MDGal66
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and I booked the Pier House in Key West for a 3 night get-a-way and chose the most expensive room available. The Dockside Suites are at the end of the hotel, right on the water and have floor to ceiling glass windows with spectacular views of the sunset and all of the water activity of the busy bay. We overlooked the colorful dock that has music every night during sunset. The suite had a wrap around patio with lounge chairs and we had wine every night (we brought our own and the refrigerator in the room was perfect for keep it cool). The suite was very quiet and when all doors were closed you could not hear any music or noise - perfect for sleeping. The location is perfect as it is at the end of Duval Street and close to any area you want to visit. We parked the car (free) and never moved it until we left. The hotel has a small beach and a beautiful pool plus several bars and a nice restaurant where we had breakfast one morning. Coffee is available for free from 6:00 to 9:00 each morning plus there is a coffee maker in the suite. The suite and entire complex was very clean and had many shrubs, trees and plants which gave it a very nice atmosphere. It was worth the money and we highly recommend the Dockside Suites.

Room Tip: There are 6 dockside suites but 807 and 810 have the best views (we stayed in 807)
1 Thank hofmanb
Key West, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Its downtown right next to the bars, sleep will happen after 2am or so. Tim the security guard got on me three times for stupid things like where to park my bike, what was in my cup, how to park my bike again! Cool out guys, I m on vacation. If you want to relax stay at a B&B, I should have stuck with them in the first place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 87beneteau
Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Pier House allows you all of Key West within walking distance and an isolate luxury quite place to get away from it all!

• Stayed March 2011