“Friendly Place with Interesting History” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelly's Caribbean Bar, Grill and Brewery

Kelly's Caribbean Bar, Grill and Brewery
Ranked #6 of 10 Food & Drink in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Southernmost brewery in the U.S., owned by actress Kelly McGillis.
Pennsylvania
“Friendly Place with Interesting History”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had lunch here on a weekday. There were not many people dining at that time which made it seem a little odd.

Everyone was friendly and the place has the feel of an old Key West Home. There are some interesting pieces of memorabilia (like a Pan Am Operations Manual; Kelly McGillis's Top Gun jacket) that add to the atmosphere.

Our server and hostess happily helped me with my need for a gluten free choice. The food was kind of typical beach resort town fare and arrived quickly and was well prepared.

This joint wasn't jumpin' for lunch that day but we had a nice quiet meal in an interesting setting

Nebraska
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Kelly's has great happy hour prices and phenomenal key lime pie. It makes the most sense to enjoy the outdoor patio while sipping a margarita and sharing their ahi tuna appetizer during the happy hour time period. Our server was great and very personable! We have gone back several times since when we were visiting Key West.

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible beer, terrible service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I walked in expecting a good happy hour with good local beer. Boy, were we wrong.

We sat at the bar, the bar tender asked what we wanted immediately. We both tried the three microbrews. They tasted very watery and sour. Not like a cold beer at all.

Because the prices were cheap, we ordered food. But the bar tender was so busy texting on her phone she ignored us for 10 minutes at least. When we finally ordered she seemed annoyed at us.

We had the jerk wings, mojo pork tostadas and the mahi smoked dip. It was okay nothing great.

We would never go back. The service was terrible and the beer was gross. We were very disappointed. There are too many places in Key West to waste your time and money here.

2 Thank Allison-Hurtado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Prime Rib was deliciously special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I ate hear on a whim, and boy oh boy did we get wonderfully surprised. The service was about average and so was the drink selection, but man was that Prime Rib plate a sight for sore eye's! It was cooked to order with nothing held back. Please go and see for yourself, and we are sue you'll agree. Enjoy!

1 Thank Michaelbush6417
“Nice place but terrible dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

After seeing some good reviews for Kelly's we decides to give it a try. The place is actually a cute restaurant a little bit off ducal street. My boyfriend got the wrap appetizer and loved it. And my sister and I got the coconut shrimp to split and it was pretty good as well. With good appetizers we had high hopes for the dinner. However those were crushed immediately. Firstly, the online website said they had surf-and-turf which my boyfriend wanted but when we got there it was no longer available. Instead he got just the steak and added some shrimp to it. Mashed potatoes were the best part of the his meal. The steak had no flavor had a weird texture. My dinner was purely disgusting. I got the sautéed snapper and it was horrific. The fish had no flavor other than a weird sour taste and the sauce on it was not helping with the flavor at all. The rice with it was not that great either. It was the worst meal I had in a very long time. Lastly, my sister got chicken caribe and it was okay. Nothing special but edible.
I would not recommend going there for dinner.