“Poor Service, Not Once, But Twice”

Kelly's Caribbean Bar, Grill and Brewery
Ranked #5 of 12 Food & Drink in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Southernmost brewery in the U.S., owned by actress Kelly McGillis.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Poor Service, Not Once, But Twice”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My father-in-law and I decided to try the microbrew of Key West. We were pleased to find out that we could start Happy Hour at 4 pm! We had been riding bikes all day so a cold beer sounded great. We started with their signature Red that was quite tasty. Then, we decided to switch and try the Key Lime Margarita (as suggested by the bartender). At first, it seemed very tart after switching from beer. Then after a few sips, it really started tasting too sweet. One was definitely enough.

A few days later we went back for a second happy hour with our wives. The service was dreadful as we waited for about 10 minutes before getting our first round. I decided to try the wheat beer. It was very watery with little body. Needless to say we didn't have a second round and we won't be headed back. There are far too many other places in Key West happy to serve you.

Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The worst service I have encountered.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a white male age 68 with many years of traveling experience. I have visited Kelly's Bar and restaurant over the past 10 years and never had a call to write a review but because of tonight's fiasco I could not resist. In a word avoid this place. The "micro" brewed beer is the worst and only the service exceeds the poor quality of the beer. I don't recall the service being so poor or the beer so bad. Perhaps it is under new management or ownership but this cannot explain the overall poor rating I've provided. Call Restaurant Impossible NOW!!!

3 Thank Rtaylor537
Glen Head, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Lunch Place When Visiting Truman Little White Hous”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We saw this quaint outdoor cafe on the way to visit Truman's Little White House and my wife and I decided to lunch there after our tour.

My wife ordered a chicken sandwich while I ordered a cheeseburger with fries (we all have to crack sometime). My wife enjoyed her sandwich as did I my burger. I also enjoyed a frozen margarita while my wife quaffed down a mojito.

We enjoyed the peaceful, outdoor ambiance as much as (or more than) the actual food. This restaurant is a block off Duval Street and it was much quieter than you would have expected. A nice respite on a warm day!

Visited December 2012
Cocoa Beach, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Delightful family dining”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A lovely dining establishment with great bar facilities, drink specials with unique twists and tastes, fresh fish, veggie accents and terrific presentation. The wait staff will accommodate special needs, respecting the client . We highly recommend a meal at Kelly's or at the least drinks in the beautiful garden/bar area. It is an easy walk from anywhere in Old Town.

Visited December 2012
Frankfort, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect for relaxing”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Once again Kelly's has met the mark. Amy and Quentin at the bar and Melissa and David waiting tables. Great Happy hour Hor'dourves. Good food and beautiful dining Garden, to say nothing of the aviation history inside. Our first stop on arrival, Melissa remembered my drink and appetizer favorites. Welcome you like family. Marta the hostess as well. A must do in Key West