“Customer is never right here”
Review of Aqua Nightclub

Aqua Nightclub
Ranked #9 of 58 Nightlife in Key West
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have been to Aqua several times and we LOVE the performers, especially Inga. I called to confirm there was seating and they said YES, there is seating along the wall and the bar. When we got in the bar, there was only bar seats at a smoking bar. We are nonsmokers....I asked for my money back so I could come back to another show. They would not give me my money back and it was 1 hour before the show started. All seats were reserved except a few around the smoking bar in which you could not see the stage. I was told I was sitting in the way of the bar opening and was asked to scoot away. I did and yet others came and hovered over me and blocked the opening. People stood in front of us at the bar. When we asked the person to move so we could see, the bartender asked us to quit harrassing his "friends". He told us we could not ask people to move so we could see the show. I told him I paid for this ticket and could not get my money back. He said he would get our money back and he did.. Guess we did not drink enough like his friends who drank bottles of champaigne. Honestly, like a reviewer said before....if you don't drink a lot, don't go here. If you have a bad back or feet and can not stand up for 90 minutes, do not go here. It really breaks my heart as I do love the performers but I won't tolerate abuse from management and the bartender. I guess the bartender is trying to pay for his new house he bought recently as I heard him tell his friends.

3  Thank debinaz
Kimball I, Owner at Aqua Nightclub, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

I'm sorry to here you didn't enjoy your experience at Aqua last evening. I would encourage anyone who wants a reserved seat to call ahead. Otherwise, as appears to be the case here, you may or may not get a place to sit. In this instance it appears you found a seat at the bar area. It is of course a bar and people do stand and mill around and service areas are kept clear to allow continued service. This is not just so the staff can make a living but to allow all guests the opportunity to get a drink with minimal fuss. In terms if smoking, smoking is not allowed during the show but an hour before the show it would still be permitted. Normally we don't offer refunds as you aren't buying a ticket but paying a cover to enter the bar. I'm pleased in this instance you were offered a refund and certainly hope we'll see you again with a reservation which should avoid the issues you experienced on a very busy Saturday night.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Best Drag show I've ever seen! The girls were hilarious... they not only sang but made jokes and lots of audience participation! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Had some drinks there as well! Definitely a must-see!!

1  Thank Erin B
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went here spur of the moment with a few friends. I have never been to a drag show and did not know what to expect. The girls work off tips so bring cash! They really interact with the crowd and are super talented and FUNNY! Faith (I think that was her name) was the best! She was by far the friendliest. Next time I will be more prepared with one dollar bills!

1  Thank Acarde1
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Happened upon it late night with my sister. We enjoyed the end of a drag show. So I made a ressie for the next day for the whole family (all adults).

BE WARNED - if you have a reservation, you need to show up 30 minutes prior to show time or they will give up your table. I was not told this and so we ended up all having to stand. I was not happy as it was my Mom's bday and I had taken her out for the night. They made the mistake and we had to pay for it with no apology - very annoying.

Regardless, the show and performers are great and everyone had a blast. It's a must do while in Key West.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Fun performers that interact with the crowd on Thursday night for the Drag Queen Karaoke performances. The performers were engaging and fun. Everyone will have a good time here.

The wait staff was helpful and kind. Drinks were prompt and staff helped clear the tables as soon as someone left.

After the show Karaoke opened to the general public.

The club is clean and modern. Some of the windows open up to the street for people watching.