“Wonderful”

Key West Sailing Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Located In Key West's Historic Seaport for 13 years, choice of two sailboats for custom sailing charters or you can choose our stay/sail charter that incorporates the best of both worlds. Stay on the boat and sail to the reef with a Captain and Mate at the time of your choosing. Walking distance to the famous Duval Street. We also offer sailing weddings, at sea adventures, international sailing available. Family friendly, romantic setting for couples, anniversaries, birthdays, and special occasions.
Centerville
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

A must on everyone's bucket list. Captain Albert and Ronda are the perfect host and hostess. On a spur -of-the moment decision, while staying in Central Florida, we decided to take a drive to Key West. We thought we would add a little adventure to our trip by staying overnight on a sailing yacht rather than a run-of -the-mill hotel rooms. After reading many positive reviews about Key West Sailing Adventures, we contacted Captain Albert and was welcomed with open arms to stay on one of his yachts...the 42' Moondance. What a great time we had! If you have a tinge of adventure running through your veins, my wife and I highly recommend you consider Key West Sailing Adventures for an experience you will never forget.

Visited July 2013

Gainesville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Life-changing experience! One of a kind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed and sailed with Key West Sailing Adventure the first time in the summer of 2004. I had only recently met my wife and was looking to do something romantic. First impressions you know? The location was conveniently placed walking distance from downtown. We drove from upstate and arrived in the late afternoon. The crew was friendly and helpful; loading our bags onto the boat for us, which was very appreciated after driving since early that morning.

Tired and very hungry we asked Captain Albert where we could find a nice early dinner. He showed us: The Schooner Wharf, an ice cream shop, a super market, Turtle Kralls, and The Half-Shell Raw Bar; all seconds away walking distance. We decided to go to Turtle Kralls, had a few drinks and some appetizers and walked to Mallory Square to watch the Sunset and street performers. We took our time and still ended up getting there pretty quick. The walk was nice, along the way we noticed people seemed to like riding bikes. (In a later visit we found out that bike rentals are a great enhancement; you can see so much and never have to search for parking.) We walked around after sunset, hit a few bars and found our way back to the boat.

The next day we went out for a half-day sail. It was wonderful! I had always wondered what sailing would be like. Once out, the sail was pulled up and the motor shut off... I heard distant calls of birds and the sound of our boat sliding softly through the water. We stopped and dropped anchor near an island, prompting my wife (then girlfriend) to snap photos, when the ladder is let down and all but one of the crew left the boat. The water was about waist deep and the sand was soft underneath my feet. He told us to let him know when we were ready to go and snorkel at the reef. We were excited about that so we left pretty soon. I was amazed how such a mild breeze could carry us the entire way there. Captain Albert let us take a turn at the helm and explained to us a few things about sailing. Once we arrived at the reef we donned our gear and bailed in. We had one of those neat underwater disposable cameras and a snapped a few of the fish... and a few of my girlfriend too.

There was something magical about this place and you just knew that Albert and his crew knew about it. It was a special and secret magic. They knew these beautiful locations and it's like you are the only people around. It felt so exclusive... and most of all my honey loved it! She said it was so romantic! Perfect! It seemed to have worked.

We had to leave the following day as the day after that I had to return to work. I was tempted to keep the whole thing secret but someone busted me out when they saw the tan-line my shades left. They asked, "So where did you go?", I said, "Key West." They responded with, "Yeah, went there last year, Carnival Cruise lines, Margaritaville..." This was the Key West that they knew, but it's so much more than that. I asked them if they visited Ft. Zachary Taylor, they said maybe next time they take a cruise. In other words, never. Too bad for them, but good for me I suppose, my secret is safe. I visited Key West before on a Cruise Ship, we got off the boat, got drunk, bought T-Shirts and rushed back to the boat. I never knew just how much this place had to offer. A visit with Key West Sailing Adventures changed all of that. We regularly visit the Keys now and are saving for this year's vacation. I get a few weeks off in December, I want to go on a week-long sailing trip. That would be great! Thank you Albert!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jeremy L
Pennsylvania
“A few days in Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I treated my husband to a fun long weekend in Key West for his birthday. We have been to Key West at least 6 times over the years and normally stay at the Ambrosia Too- B&B resort. However, it was booked so at the last minute I was able to find Moondance available with Key West Sailing Adventure's. We booked Thurs- Sunday with a overnight sail/anchor for 1 night. Nancy and Captain Bob were our companions on the overnight and did a fantastic job running the boat, cooking and just being fun boating crew. I cannot say enough about how nice our time with them was! Nancy even bought a surprise birthday cake for my husband complete with candles & song.

In regards to the boat, it is an older vessel but has been restored to "good" condition. We own our own sailboat, so we are familiar with boat smells & issues that come with an older vessel; Moondance is not without her own. That being said, the air conditioning worked great (vital during the summer months in the keys), all systems appeared to be functioning properly and she was clean. The boat has a certain charm about her that grows on you over the time. It would be perfect for 4 people as there are 2 cabins each with it's own head. Understand, if you are looking for a 5 star yacht experience, this is not it. People who are used to newer "HuntaBenaLina's" would probably not be happy on this boat. However, if you are more laid back, love the rich wood & feel of an older boat and just want to experience something different from a hotel, this is a great way to relax.
Thanks again to Nancy and Bob for a memorable vacation!

Visited July 2013
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Thanks for Referral!! Great Voyage Great Timing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Tuesday feb. 12th I come up with the great idea of a romantic sunset Valentine Day cruise on a private Sailing Yacht. Unfortunately many others had the same idea and Key West Sailing Adventures was booked up. The consummate professionals that they are referred me to the Yacht "Breezin" with Captain Dennis. The trip was fabulous and Dennis took us on a wonderful cruise, all the while keeping a watchful eye on the weather. Timing is everything and Dennis returned us to the dock in time to walk back to Hyatt an order drinks as a sixty mile an hour squall blew in to the harbor. The only disappointing part of the trip was the fact that only my wife was able to get her drink before the Squall literally blew the bar shut!!!

Visited February 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Somewhere over the rainbow...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My boyfriend, Bruce, and I spent 4 wonderful days (Sept. 9th - 12th) sailing on the vessel Moon Dance. We felt safe and in good hands with Captain Albert at the helm! The crew took care of all of our needs...their hospitality and friendliness were exceptional, and they provided all the comforts of home. Along with Captian Albert's wife, Ronda, they made our adventure so much fun and exceeded all of our expectations. We felt we had not a care in the world...well, at least for 4 days! We snorkeled, explored on the small island of Boca Grand, watched as the amazing dolphins created a spectacular view, and just really enjoyed feeling like we were really away from it all! Words can't do justice to the feeling of drifting off to sleep with the view of a star-filled sky and the tranquility of the water...close to heaven on earth. Now that Bruce and I have had the opportunity to spend time on Moon Dance we feel there is no better way to relax and enjoy quality time together. We are looking forward to our next adventure sailing on Moon Dance...somewhere over the rainbow. Jeannie and Bruce in Fort Lauderdale.

Visited September 2012