“Excellent and such friendly owners!”

Thai Life Floating Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palm
Description: A traditional floating Thai restaurant serving authentic Thai cuisine. Master Thai Chef Dow cooks everything to order-Great for vegetarians and allergies no problem
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Service was impeccable and food delicious. The Tom Ka Gai w/shrimp was the best Tom Ka I've ever had. Tangy and coconutty with just a hint of heat, and the serving size was large as well. My husband had the Pad Thai, and while flavorful, he had asked for it to be VERY VERY spicy, but unfortunately it had little to no spice in it. I had the Panang with pork, while also delicious, was not spicy at all. We are both pepper heads and we wanted Thai hot, which just did not happen in either of our dishes. Oh we'll, we were on a boat, watching a thunderstorm roll in, and we were enjoying the ambiance of the restaurant. That and our adorable server from Thailand, made up for the lack of spice. If you want authentic Thai in a really cool spot on the water, give this a try! Just keep in mind, this is a tiny restaurant.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

There's no end to standard seafood restaurants in the Keys; try this for something different. The location is unusual (a commercial marina on a pretty busy street--not the most attractive location, and a little hard to find) but once we were on board we were wowed. The food is first-class; some of the best Thai we've ever eaten. You'll find all the classics on the menu; try the Choo Chi, a smooth red curry with plump shrimp. We also enjoyed the Thai iced tea. The interior of the boat is elegant, and the location seems so much nicer once you're on board, sitting in the sunshine, surrounded by water and boats. If I lived here I'd visit often.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We brought our fishing bounty to this restaurant.the friendly staff proceeded to prepare a Thai seafood feast for us which was superbly done.The atmosphere was excellent,as was the service.I would highly recommend this restaurant.This floating restaurant has a unique atmosphere and inviting dining room which is hard to resist.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Is like a tradition for me & my family to eat here every time we go to Key West. My favorite dish is the whole fried fish with mango sauce. The fish is cooked the way I like it, "crispy". The sauce compliments the fish well. It's very good dish. Just talking about it makes my mouth water. The service is also very good & friendly. The restaurant is not very big because it is a boat turned into a restaurant docked at the pier. Overall, for me, Thai Life is one of our favorite restaurants in Key West.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the first time I have gone out of my way to write a review for ANYTHING...ever! It was that good! The service was excellent, the restaurant was clean, the ambiance was a nice surprise (I wasn't sure about a floating restaurant initially), but most importantly the food was exceptional!! We spent four days in the Keys and tried as many restaurants as possible...this was by far the best! The shrimp pad thai was to die for! I asked for extra spicy and they gave it to me! I wish I lived next door to this place :(