“A Unique find”

Thai Life Floating Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Life Floating Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 446 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palm
Description: A traditional floating Thai restaurant serving authentic Thai cuisine. Master Thai Chef Dow cooks everything to order-Great for vegetarians and allergies no problem
“A Unique find”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Found Thai Life Floating Restaurant after searching for Thai restaurants in Key West via Internet. Reviews looked good, so decided to try it. Patrons certainly knew what they were writing about. This place is fabulous. The food was so fresh and was cooked perfectly. Don, the Manager, was our waiter and was very helpful in choosing the right dishes. I chose the Panang Curry and the fish just melted in my mouth. It was such a delight to sit next to the marina while dining. We definitely will be back and will be sharing our find with friends. There is another restaurant called Thai Island, so be careful not to confuse the two.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank pae1

• Hebrew first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good small place on the water”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my experience at Thai life. It was really neat to be able to eat at a floating restaurant. My meal was a good sized portion and Don was my server and he had excellent suggestions and knowledge about the menu items. Overall it's an interesting experience and worth trying

Princeton, New Jersey
“Fabulous Dinner!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great little spot located on the marina. Food was fresh and delicious! Would go back again for sure on our next visit to Key West!

• Visited September 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Putting the 'Yum' into Tom Yum!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Delicious! Shared a Tom Yum with my son for starters (very good) and followed this with fresh fish fillets in ginger and lemon chili - perfect. The fish (presumably catch of the day which I'm ashamed to say I didn't identify) was absolutely fresh and beautifully tender. G had the Masaman Thai curry which was plentiful and very good. I had a glass of Anderson Valley merlot which needed to go back (I'm no buff, but it had been open for a whiiiiile) - the replacement, happily switched, was true to form and excellent. Great setting, on the water (we're sure we spotted a manatee from our table) which helped justify a reasonably pricey meal. No sign of the owner/manager.

• Visited August 2012
St. Augustine, Florida
“Perhaps we had a bad Day”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was barely edible. I have eaten Thai food in Thailand and love it. This was the day before they shut down for a month, perhaps that made a difference. The location and ambiance is lovely and they have Chang Beer, my favorite. The spring rolls were eaten by the fish, the oil was old and they tasted burnt. The Tom Yum was only half eaten by me because it had a bad taste, I added rice and was able to tolerate. The rice was great as were the shrimp in the rice but not even close to a fair price. I expect to pay a lot in the Keys, but this was bad food for too much money, even if it was good food the price and portions were not in keeping with the keys. There is a new noodle house near Mr. Z's pizza, incredible!

• Visited September 2012