“Outstanding Experience”
Review of Islescapes

Islescapes
More attraction details
Owner description: Islescapes is an incredible gourmet dinner hosting a maximum of 6 guests on a beautiful motor yacht. Everything is cooked fresh on a huge grill right in front of you and served on white linens and beautiful china. The service is impeccable and the food is fantastic!
Reviewed April 5, 2014

What a wonderful evening! We, too, discovered this experience on Trip Advisor and based on previous reviews felt we ought to try it. It was like having our own private gourmet floating restaurant. Captain Alex and Wendy were extremely personable but yet didn't hover around guests. The food was outstanding and served beautifully on china. Alex creates delicious cuisine using only the gas grill and small galley oven. He and Wendy were there to meet our every need. Alex gave a brief history of the harbor area as we motored to the spot where we anchored for dinner. There we enjoyed our delicious meal and watched a gorgeous sunset!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Captain Alex was delightful-a superb navigator and tremendous cook. We arranged to do the sunset dinner cruise with him many months ahead of our visit. Excellent directions on how to find him. The short trip to the weather protected cove gave us a full view of the sunset in Key west.
We enjoyed the dinner prepared by the captain and his first mate. Maximum of three couples are
allowed. We brought our own wine- which is necessary as he is not permitted to sell alcohol.
The setting was fantastic and the interchange among the three couples was very good. I had the pork and my wife the catch of the day. A five course dinner was fantastic.
Don't miss it.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I booked this sunset dinner cruise based on other TripAdvisor reviews and was so pleasantly surprised! Even thought the weather turned cool and windy, by the time Capt. Alex had anchored us near an island we were able to spend a pleasant evening and watch a beautiful sunset. The food was awesome! The goat cheese tort was to die for! My friend and I had steak dinners, my best friend and her husband had the catch of the day. No complaints from anyone. Dessert was a pleasant surprise of fresh strawberries and blueberries topped with Key Lime whipped topping. Just as dinner ended, the skies grew dark and rain started falling as we headed back to the marina. Capt. Alex offered to let us ride below but, being the hardy Midwesterners that we are, we braved the weather and rode back topside. The four of us were in the Keys for a week and my friend said the steak dinner on Islescapes was the best that he had all week, all others ran a close second but just couldn't compete with the fare Capt. Alex served up. We are planning a return tip to the Keys and a sunset cruise with Capt. Alex in staying on the "to-do" list.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I took the dinner cruise for my birthday and had a wonderful experience. Captain Alex was friendly and informative about the area. I didn't feel restrictive for space and enjoyed the small good that went on the dinner cruise. The food Captain Alex made was amazing. It was nice to have a healthy meal prepared right on the boat. I would definitely recommend going.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We spent several days roaming the streets and seeing the sights of Key West. This was our first trip there and it was non stop trying to see all the places we wanted to visit. By the time Friday night came around we were ready for a more quiet evening and another chance to see the great sunsets afforded here.I had done a little research before our trip and suggested to my wife Diane that we take a Dinner cruise with Capt. Al and his crew. She called two days before and was pleasantly surprised that there was still room for two so we booked it. Capt Al welcomed us aboard and introduced us to our cruise mates for the evening,Lisa and Sloan and Heather and Ryan. We shoved off and got a quick lowdown on the local waterfront and proceeded to a nice quiet area away from all the action on Duval St. The Dinner was fabulous. Shrimp for starters, Garlic bread, Salads, Steak for me and yellow Snapper for my wife. The service was great and the mates were friendly and ready to top off your BYOB whenever needed. This was one of the highlights of our trip and i have already mentioned to friends who may be heading that way in the future. Thanks to Capt. Al and his mates for a wonderful evening. P.S. The sunset was pretty good too.

1  Thank Exchief22