“Amazing romantic evening!”
Review of Islescapes

More attraction details
Owner description: Islescapes is an incredible gourmet dinner hosting a maximum of 6 guests on a beautiful motor yacht. Everything is cooked fresh on a huge grill right in front of you and served on white linens and beautiful china. The service is impeccable and the food is fantastic!
Reviewed December 6, 2012

On our tenth anniversary, my wife and I renewed our vows on Capt. Alex's boat. If I could only use one word to describe the evening it would be "AMAZING!" We went on a dinner cruise with Capt. Alex five years ago and I can say they have gotten even better. Capt. Alex was friendly, knowledgable and extremely accommodating. The meal was, by far, the best meal we had in Key West all week. If you are looking for something different and romantic, do yourself a favor and call Capt. Alex at Islescapes.

All reviews
"captain alex"
in 220 reviews
"dinner cruise"
in 95 reviews
"fresh catch of the day"
"bring your own wine"
in 7 reviews
"party boat"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This sunset dinner cruise was the best! Captain Alex really made the dinner cruise enjoyable with his brief history of our surroundings and his wonderful cooking! We had the boat to ourselves (2 couples) so it felt like a true private charter. It was a great way to end our time in Key West. It was also nice to have a great meal on the water while watching the beautiful sunset. We will definitely do this trip again (or the other trips Captain Alex offers) when we come back to Key West.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Key West (Nov. 2012). The highlight of our trip was the sunset dinner cruise with Islescapes. Captain Alex is an amazing chef and we had a wonderful time. Anyone can do a booze cruise with dozens of other loud tourists. With a limit of 6 guests, Captain Alex gives his guests a relaxing, enjoyable, and romantic excursion that will remembered for a long time. Thank you Captain Alex, I've already referred you to some friends coming down there in a couple of weeks!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were on Capt. Alex Islespaces on our wedding anniversary and felt like it was the best thing we did on our anniversary. Very small group of 6 people , felt very private and the view of sunset, food was excellent. We got to see 3 Dolphins. The dinner cruise was the best thing we did in the Keys. It was all worth it and would definitely recommend this cruise.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were in Key West to celebrate my "big" birthday a month after the event and my husband had pulled out the stops to give me a memorable birthday with a great party, wonderful family lunch etc. etc. I therefore wanted to arrange something memorable for him by way of a thank you and Islescapes sounded perfect.

We set off from the bight on a glorious evening accompanied by Captain Alex, his assistant Emily and two other couples and sailed in the opposite direction to the larger party boats (I was liking this already!) to a quiet area where we saw a beautiful rainbow and an osprey perched in a tree. Ospreys are rare in the UK so this was an exciting moment. By popular vote, the choice of music was Jimmy Buffett and it seemed very appropriate for cruising off Key West. We soon dropped anchor and chatted with the other guests whilst Captain Alex prepared the food and Emily served the wine we had all brought and generally looked after us.

We had all chosen our food in advance of the trip and I'd made sure to order different things for each of us so that we could taste each other's food. There was a shrimp appetiser to share, followed by a mushroom appetiser for me and a goat's cheese and potato appetiser for my husband, both of which were very good. I then had fish (grouper I think) in an island sauce and my husband had the steak. My fish was so fresh and tasty and the sauce a perfect accompaniement and my husband's steak was good. I'm ashamed to say that I can't recall what we had for dessert but I know it was good.

When the time came, we saw a magnificent sunset and it really was the highlight of what was already a wonderful evening. We were on the trip for around three hours but the time just seemed to fly by.

Before booking, I checked with Captain Alex as I have restricted mobility and he re-assured me that it was nothing to worry about so long as I could manage a small ladder and there was no rush as it was Key West. I liked that attitude! Both Captain Alex and Emily were very helpful and accommodating with the extra assistance and time I needed. Towards the end of the trip a storm seemed to be brewing and Captain Alex said that we should move downstairs, inside the cabin and he was anxious that I should go down first. I have to say that Captain Alex and Emily went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my safety and assisted in every way possible to enable me to vacate the top deck quickly. Once we were all safely in the cabin, we sailed back to Key West and there was no pressure for us to leave but Captain Alex allowed us to wait until the rain eased.

I have to say that this was, without any doubt, the highlight of our two week trip to Florida. It wasn't cheap but for the quality of the food and the serenity of the trip, we considered it well worth the money and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to avoid the crowds and see the sun set in a spectacular setting. I just hope we get the chance to return to Key West and if we do, it's the first trip I shall book.

2  Thank Welshquin