“Very a Dishy”

Ranked #21 of 464 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service dessert restaurant featuring beer & chocolate dipped wines, and coffees.
Reviewed January 7, 2015

Great unique place for a romantic dessert, my husband and I loved the atmosphere and the wonderful desserts. I had the bread and butter pudding which was delicious and my husband had the Key Lime Pie which of course we shared, it was the best Key Lime we had in Florida and we had quite a lot!!. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We had our main meal at another restaurant then strolled to better than sex for dessert, we really enjoyed the walk between the main and dessert not something you do usually but it really did add to the whole romantic ambiance of the evening.

1  Thank Dianehippychick
Write a ReviewReviews (3,661)

Reviewed January 7, 2015

Such a novelty! Would call it a gimmick if the desserts were not SO delish! Dark and romantic. Nice to share a dessert with the DH away from the bustle of Duvall street. ...and the desserts were wonderful!

Reviewed January 7, 2015

Absolutely amazing presentation, but desserts are huge, so skip dinner. Keep you sense of humor if you're not with your significant other! Definitely need a reservation, they are packed every night. Very imaginative desserts with unique combinations of ice cream, chocolate, etc

Reviewed January 6, 2015

There's nothing finer than a good glass of wine rimmed with dark chocolate, a truly decadent dessert (and I'm GLUTEN-FREE), and a romantically lit restaurant. Our waitress was the topping of the treat. Don't try to go without a reservation or you will be waiting for a LONG time or may not get in at all. This is now on my list of "must return"

Reviewed January 6, 2015

I didn't know what to think about a place with the word SEX in it's title. When you get to the restaurant itself, even in the daytime, it seems kind of shady...private...dark windows...there's no "looking in" before you walk in! But how could I NOT go in?! Especially with a 25-year old cousin who was about to bust to check the place out.

So we opened up the large, sea horse adorned doors and walked into a small, red-lit lobby. I immediately felt like I was in the book FIFTY SHADES OF GREY (not a bad thing). The hostess told us it would be about a 5-10 minute wait...unless we wanted to go directly to the bar. I didn't care about the wait and neither did my cousin so we sat down on the red pleather benches.

A couple came in after us and to those people the hostess explained that the "bar" she'd mentioned was their "speakeasy" and at that point my cousin jumped up and said she wanted in on that. I don't drink so I had to learn a history lesson about prohibition. Hehe.

It was awesome. We were led through the restaurant and through the kitchen (where all of the staff stopped what they were doing to say hello and welcome us!), where a door was opened into a dimly-lit back room with lovely black & white decor, candles and a large chandelier. The door to the street was opened which was a nice touch, too.

The menus were on iPads - a first for me. All of the desserts had some kind of sexual name which just made it more fun to order. My cousin got a strawberry beer; I got a "Hug Me Hottie" hot chocolate; then we shared a "Better than Sex" chocolate bread pudding and a Kinky Key West Cream Pie - both were amazing but I would definitely recommend the Kinky pie...pretty sure that's the place for the "Best Key Lime Pie" in Key West. ***drool***

Our hostess in the speakeasy was amazing and we enjoyed talking to her and learning about the restaurant and details about Key West. We stayed for well over an hour feeling very relaxed after a fun but long day at the Dry Tortugas National Park.

This place is a MUST DO if you're in Key West.