“Interesting to try....once”

Ranked #22 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service dessert restaurant featuring beer & chocolate dipped wines, and coffees.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The restaurant serves only a selection of decadent deserts and drinks. The room is dimly lit and decorated in the spirit of romance. The menu selection is limited but the desserts are quite large. Loved the red velvet cheesecake and the cookie deserts we ordered. Interesting to try once but can't imagine going again.

1  Thank Nancy C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,642)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The service and food here were out of this world. The atmosphere is very romantic-it is dark in there so be careful but they will provide you with a flashlight. I had the Red Velvet Cheesecake and my husband had the Jungle Fever-they were both amazing. BEST CHEESECAKE I HAVE EVER HAD and I lived in NY for a few years. The games on the table were tons of fun and the drinks were to die for-if you go from 6-8 they have a special on wine that includes rimmed glasses which really adds to the experience. I tried the Lavender Lipstick which was so good-the honey paired well with the drink-as well as a new drink with champagne and caramel that has a sugared rim-also amazing. The staff was super helpful and was more than willing to bring back the menu again and again so we could order more drinks. We had a BLAST here. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a little fun and romance on your stay in Key West.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have reviewed this restaurant before but there are changes for the better. First there are new desserts and drinks on the menu which are the best I have ever had. Also it is very dark in the restaurant and the menu is now presented on an IPad., along with great pictures and descriptions.
The encrusted melted chocolate pecan filling with vanilla ice cream is fabulous. They make their own Baileys which is spectacular. All other desserts ordered were equally enjoyed and delicious. Service was excellent. Be sure to make reservations unless you want a long wait.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We were so looking forward to some amazing desserts. We ordered 3 between the two of us.
The highlight was a glass of red wine that had the rim coated with white chocolate and dusted with black pepper. The wine wasn't impressive but the combination and presentation was lovely.
We had the raspberry mousse with chocolate, the signature dark chocolate "award winning" cake and something with bananas and caramel. The only part I liked was the caramel glass that adorned all 3 desserts. The presentations were gorgeous but the flavors didn't live up to the hype. The chocolate cake had almost a full cup of mousse filling in a dense flavorless cake topped with gooey chocolate spread, the banana dish was boring, only the raspberry dish was half consumed by us.
3 uneaten desserts, 1 wine, 1 beer $60

Reviewed December 23, 2013

If you are looking for a venue for a great date night or even a ladies night out, look no further. You and yours will blush over menu items like Cookie Nookie Pie, Between My Red Velvet Sheets Cheesecake, Jungle Fever, Tongue Bath Truffle, and the Better Than Sex just to name a few. All of their menu items are carefully designed to ignite the senses with a passionate feel and tantalizing taste. The impressive wine list is filled with tasty reds, whites, and bubbly’s served to order with a coating of caramel or chocolate around the rim of the glass or a “rim job” as they call it! If you prefer to forgo the alcohol, they offer an extensive list of inventive drinks for “virgins”.

My husband and I left our last BTS visit satisfied – read on and you will understand why! It was his birthday, so we chose to go for our “dinner” and take our time. We both started with a drink - he chose the Rogue Mocha Porter (sans rim job) and me - one of my go-to’s - the Kelly’s Klimax, which is a lovely Rosa Regale sparkling red in a white chocolate rimmed champagne flute. We ordered a favorite of ours, the Chocolate Grilled Cheese…amazing!

Round two of drinks, he stuck with the Rogue and I opted for The Shocker, which by the way was right up my alley – The Crusher Cabernet Sauvignon with a dark chocolate rim (usually white, but I switched) dusted with Chipotle Chile sugar. The deep bold, robust flavor of the Cab and the rich chocolate paired wonderful with the spicy finish on the rim. In addition to our second round of drinks, we had the Fork You Fondue, BTS’s version of a cheesecake fondue… yes, cheesecake in fondue form, teamed up with mini and dense Vanilla Pound Cake “poppers” rolled in cinnamon and sugar.

On to our third and final round, or climax if you will, Shane switched it up and had the Grown Up Guzzler, a glass of Hard Root Beer with a scoop of homemade Irish Cream Liquor ice cream, this was really something. I had, the new to the menu, Kiss Me Carolyn complete with Ayala champagne (yup, the real stuff) with hints of honey and stone fruits dipped in soft caramel and brûlée'd raw sugar rim.

For our finale we chose the Missionary Crisp which was a comforting combo skin-on Red Delicious apples underneath a buttery cake like layer with homemade Vanilla Bean ice cream and caramel – third and worth the wait, I will be having this again.

When it comes to sophisticated elegance look no further than the unique dining experience of Better Than Sex!