“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant

Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 428 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Full service dessert restaurant featuring beer & chocolate dipped wines, and coffees.
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to go as a couple or a small group. Desert and drinks are both very tasty! It does get busy so I recommend making a reservation!

1 Thank Bexterstravels

• Hebrew first
FL
“Don't miss this unique and fun dessert restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Islamorada and spent the afternoon/evening in Key West, in part just to try this place. It did not disappoint. Really fun, sexy boudoir feel - think dark with chandeliers and candles, done in black, gold and red. The waitress was very friendly and answered our questions. I had the Mandy's Man Candy, which is Belgian strawberry beer with a chocolate-coated glass rim - so good! They offer many wines, beers, and liquers with different coatings on the glass. My husband had the Better Than Sex, which was almost a chocolate bread pudding. So delicious and unique! I had the Between the Red Velvet Sheets Cheesecake, which is one of the best desserts I've ever had. Absolutely amazing - I've never had anything like it! The fun conversation starters on the table and backlit menus add to the uniqueness of the place. I found it to be fun and sexy without being overly so. Definitely a must-visit in Key West!

Homestead, Florida
“A fun end to the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Better Than Sex specializes in just desserts and drinks in a dim, sexy atmosphere. This is the place to go if you want to have a fun, playful, sexy date with your significant other. Groups of friends go there, too, however. The menu is written with everything being a double entendre. The drinks come in glasses rimmed in chocolate. Everything is very decadent. It's not tremendously expensive but it's not cheap either. The only thing that keeps me from giving this five stars is that I actually didn't care for my dessert. I had the cobbler and I didn't find it all that good. The apples have the skin on which made it kind of hard to eat. It was not juicy and gooey and sweet like you would expect it to be, especially here. It was sort of dry and not very flavorful. My dining companion thought his dessert was okay, but nothing to rave about. So I think this restaurant is more about the experience than the food. I have been here once before (with a different..ahem..dining companion) and had the same opinion about the food. I thought I would give it another shot but came away with the same opinion as far as the actual food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank L M
Leesburg, Florida
“birthday celebrations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Such a unique place! Fun desert's!! Wine glass rims can be dipped in chocolate, Carmel. The adult rootbeer was a hit. The deserts are very large and they have unique!!! Names!!! .just what you would expect from the name of the restaurant. The special coffees are also available with dipped rims! From 6to7 we did not need a reservation, after that you need reservations. Fun place for adults.

Visited June 2013
Springboro, OH
“Amazing desserts and fun menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I had dessert here & are so glad we did! The dining area is small and you do need to make reservations as I believe there are only 14 tables. The inside is cozy, romantic and dark. When you open the menu, there is a backlight so you can enjoy reading all of the fun and sexy descriptions of each dessert. My husband had the Peanut Butter Perversion and I had the Between My Red Velvet Sheets cheesecake. Both desserts were amazing and the pieces are HUGE, so we ended up taking half of both pieces back to our room for the next night. We would definitely return to Better Than Sex but not eat dinner beforehand ;)