“The name says it all!!”

Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service dessert restaurant featuring beer & chocolate dipped wines, and coffees.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had wanted to try this restaurant, and are so glad we did! The only complaint I have about this place is that all the desserts sound so delicious that it was hard for us to choose two!! We actually ate a larger lunch the day we went here and had this for dinner! The owners are dessert chefs, and the food is AMAZING!! They have a great little place with great ambience and nice dim lighting (you actually have to use flashlights to read the menus - so cool!) Their drinks are great too - I had the strawberry beer with a white and dark chocolate drizzle around the rim - lick and drink!! Delicious!! We will definitely go back on our next Key West trip!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,561)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

wonderful place to have desert. we ate there before dinner so we would be sure to enjoy the food. just go and experience the place. Kelly the server was also wonderful. the chocolate is to die for.

2  Thank lisaprn1
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I'm a newlywed so forgive the title of my review. After having munched and sipped our way around Key West for most of the day, my bride chose Better Than Sex for our "dinner" and I agreed thinking that I could grab a real dinner later on. That didn't happen.

Just walking into the place, you realize you better not come with children. The menus are filled with sexually suggestive dishes and the lighting in the restaurant is non-existent. We were handed a backlit wine menu and a flashlight to read the food menu which consists entirely of desserts. My wife ordered a glass of white wine with a white chocolate rim and I ordered the spiced coffee with a dark chocolate rim. She chose the peanut butter perversion which she aptly renamed the peanut butter penetration (snicker) and I chose the "one night stand" for the evening which is a changing daily special, in my case a slice of pumpkin pie with all sorts of naughty extras. We informed our waitress that it was our honeymoon and my wife's dessert arrived with a cute little note attached from the kitchen staff.

The portions of both of our desserts were enormous and after finishing them, I'm glad I didn't eat a real dinner before going. The prices were a bit high, but reasonable given the quantity and quality of what we were served. The two drinks and two desserts came out to around $80 after tip. Not bad, for a real meal but a bit high for dessert and drinks I think.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This place was recomended by friends who had recently visited Key West. We did not realize it was so popular so we did not make reservations. Big mistake! SInce we really did not want to wait several hours for a table, we asked if we could order something to go. No problem! Our order was ready after a reasonable time, we grabbed it and went back to our hotel room to enjoy. We were glad we did - it was fabulous. Plus the portions were really large too. The dining ambiance looked really wonderful and I wish we had been able to enjoy the entire dining room experience but if that is not a choice, try takeout!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was an amazing experience! The food was incredible but the chocolate dipped wine glass was so unique. You have to make a reservation and I would! It is a perfect atmosphere for couples but groups seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. A once in a lifetime experience that you can't leave key west with out trying!